Bloody horses

Just been out for a walk with the dog and my pal with his 2 dogs over the road on the moors few animals about this time of year anyway but these horses just started trotting down towards us slowly picking up there pace making a b line for us. My mate scared shitless of um and started to run off behind bushes and my dog was going nuts at them never bothered with horses before he ignores them at all times got about 10m away before I started shouting at um and they changed course just about. I can only think something was up as the dog clicked on and started barking when they was still a bit away from us! Anything like this happen to anyone else? 

Used to be a gypsy cob where I used to live, the quiet old thing just used to trot around its field minding its own business. My bitch as a pup was solid with every other piece of stock but that one horse, she used to tease the fook out of it in its field. Ended up having to use a collar on her, just once and never went near it again. 

Remember a big black gelding that hated dogs not far from me if you had a dog u stayed out of field  no dogs near it was fine it used to run straight at dogs to stomp them my pals terrier  had its last walk past that field dog chased a rabbit out of hedge into field horse charged over must have stood on dog good couple of times before lad managed to make it change its mind with buckle off lead and his size tens think it got a couple of dogs before owner finally moved it for its own safety as public path ran through field and owner wasn’t willing to pay up when it came to settling vet bills 

• Like 1

mine dogs , well my 2 lurchers  , will deff make sure they not close to horses or cattle , they scared of them, which is great , but this little jack x   woody i got a fookin pain in the arse , you have to put him on the lead pick the prat up , he only 10 1/2 lb  lol, but he run at them . few days back some women came on my dog walk on horses, young girl was on a pony , there were 2 horses and her at the back, good job i seen them coming in the distance , as woody was loose. he would have  flew up there at them, got to watch out for them with this fecker .

13 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Just been out for a walk with the dog and my pal with his 2 dogs over the road on the moors few animals about this time of year anyway but these horses just started trotting down towards us slowly picking up there pace making a b line for us. My mate scared shitless of um and started to run off behind bushes and my dog was going nuts at them never bothered with horses before he ignores them at all times got about 10m away before I started shouting at um and they changed course just about. I can only think something was up as the dog clicked on and started barking when they was still a bit away from us! Anything like this happen to anyone else? 

Sounds like your dog sensed your mates fear and was protecting him,even my whippets get aggressive if they feel you are in danger of anything.

It’s not the dog being broke to the horse I’d be worried about, it’s the horse getting at the dog. Your better picking a dog up near horses if possible. They’ll charge at and  stomp at your dog as they see them a threat. 

I work me dogs up to and through hosses all the time the hosses get used to the dogs working round them and dont bother but sometimes if the drop a new horse in wi the others that ain't seen dogs can be abit dodgy specially at night 

• Like 1

The horses on the moor are normally spot on with people and dogs they see them all day every day. Found out today one of them that was heading my way was a stallion that the farmer puts out and he's a tricky sod at the best of times so I'm told I'll give it a couple of days before I go over that part they would have moved on again by then 

5 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

The horses on the moor are normally spot on with people and dogs they see them all day every day. Found out today one of them that was heading my way was a stallion that the farmer puts out and he's a tricky sod at the best of times so I'm told I'll give it a couple of days before I go over that part they would have moved on again by then 

I wount of imagined a man of your calibre would be frit of a scabby hoss ty I would of expected more of a roberto Duran type of scenario 

33 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I wount of imagined a man of your calibre would be frit of a scabby hoss ty I would of expected more of a roberto Duran type of scenario 

I wasn't to bad me pal was hiding behind a bush ready to drop dogs and run ?? I started shouting at um when they got abit to close and they changed course after that feckin things!! Got back to my car once and there was a load round it wouldn't pissing move for love nor money I was pushing them the lot took about half hour to get enough room to get the dog in the boot and enough room to drive out the carpark. There all wild up there but ain't scared of people because family's come up the moors and feed them so they just think everyone is going to do it. Pain in the ass they are 

10 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I wasn't to bad me pal was hiding behind a bush ready to drop dogs and run ?? I started shouting at um when they got abit to close and they changed course after that feckin things!! Got back to my car once and there was a load round it wouldn't pissing move for love nor money I was pushing them the lot took about half hour to get enough room to get the dog in the boot and enough room to drive out the carpark. There all wild up there but ain't scared of people because family's come up the moors and feed them so they just think everyone is going to do it. Pain in the ass they are 

Peraps you ought to clip the biggest un a fecker so the dont disrespect you again

18 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Peraps you ought to clip the biggest un a fecker so the dont disrespect you again

?? I'll tell um if they carry on like that black neck will be down with his frock on then they'll be sorry