World Cup cricket

Absolutely brilliant game, Kiwis unlucky. We are the only country to win World Cups at football, rugby and cricket.

Btw Pesky, there is a thriving cricket scene in Jockland ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Haha....tried to encapsulate the last 3 or 4 overs in a quick post...and talked a load of shite....yeah was moderately chuffed lol

Can't understand cricket Kev, not your description, sort of wished I'd watched it now! Have watched odd golf big game, not a golfer, but get caught up in a brit beating the yanks! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Absolutely brilliant game, Kiwis unlucky. We are the only country to win World Cups at football, rugby and cricket.

Btw Pesky, there is a thriving cricket scene in Jockland ?

Cheers, D.

And the GB grand prix! I mean today, that is! Some record I think,? 6 Silverstone wins! 

Edited by waltjnr
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Haha....tried to encapsulate the last 3 or 4 overs in a quick post...and talked a load of shite....yeah was moderately chuffed lol

Well i thought it was quite David Coleman esque....it was just like being at silly mid off ?

• Haha 2

I have to say I think watching cricket is like watching paint dry !

I played a bit when I was a kid but playing and watching are two different things and even playing don’t exactly bring out the inner warrior in a bloke ! Lol 

Nice that England are world champions at something but it wouldn’t compare to West Ham beating the yids to secure a top 4 finish in the Premier League !

Now it will be a month of folks who have never spoken a word about cricket carrying on like Ian Botham ! 

Next stop, having the arsehole bored off us about f***ing rugby and all this “oh listen to the ref tell them off, football should be more like that blah blah blah” 

Give me f***ing strength ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

I played a bit when I was a kid but playing and watching are two different things and even playing don’t exactly bring out the inner warrior in a bloke ! Lol 

Nice that England are world champions at something but it wouldn’t compare to West Ham beating the yids to secure a top 4 finish in the Premier League !

Now it will be a month of folks who have never spoken a word about cricket carrying on like Ian Botham ! 

Next stop, having the arsehole bored off us about f***ing rugby and all this “oh listen to the ref tell them off, football should be more like that blah blah blah” 

Same as me mate, the end of the cricket season got in the way of pre season football..so only played a few games abs a fair bit at school...Finley plays for a local side so I spend 4 hours a week somewhere in Devon watching kids bowl lots of wides lol.....but..I honestly think that lady hour yesterday was one of the best sporting moments I've watched...it was unbelievable, you just couldn't write it...

Exeter is now a big rugby city cause of the chiefs, I have the odd day up there, it's a decent ground, loads of lads I know and a good day out....but I'm the same Rugby just ain't football...lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

And people have a go at me for being an Alf Garnett !....stone the crows cheer up me ol mate we won something at sport that,ll do wont it ?

Cricket bores the pants off me,that and Golf i just cant be doing with it....but that yesterday was fantastic i started off just keeping a sneaky eye on it by the end i was screaming at me telly,the ol womans saying " shut up you dont even know the rules " ?

I didnt know we are now the only country to of been world champs at Footie,Cricket and Rugby what a result...i,ll be taking advantage of the Hammers new gaff and watching a bit of Athletics this summer we got to support our own,all apart from these dopey new trendy sports they,re trying to force on us like womens footie,womens boxing or the spazzes olympics... i,ll support proper sport all day long but i aint supporting all this pc sport shit.

So whats it to be old boy a googly or a yorker ?

• Haha 3