Collie greyhound

3 hours ago, Rabbiting man said:

My 8 month old Collie/Greyhound dog. Full breeding is. Dam 3/8 Collie 5/8 Greyhound and his Sire is a Half x Collie/Greyhound, I say he's a,half x but I could be wrong well I'm probably wrong lol.

20190714_211505.jpg

20190716_161803.jpg

Cracking looking dog, all the best with him this season 

On 14/07/2019 at 21:13, Saltmoon said:

For me £150 to £200 is a fair price for a lurcher £250 if it's something that you really want. That's just my opinion 

Nah, not anymore. Pay more than that for a kibble raised first cross angora/micro ferret nowadays!

In all seriousness though for someone starting out which it seems RM is (no disrespect fella) it isn't easy. I have just got my first running dog and don't have a group of running dog mates to gift me a well bred mutt so restricted to pets for homes, free adds etc to keep searching through. As it was mine came recommended through someone on here but 200 sheets. Personally I was happy to pay thay, I think that's nothing nowadays for a potential decade or more of service. 

I also think there needs to be a level of price to keep the dick heads away if your advertising.

I think 2-300 is fair for a dog. Just do plenty research, talk to a few, go see a few if possible. If it doesn't feel right it isn't right! I heard all sorts when I was looking. Be ready at 5-6weeks. Wanna get em off mam and get her out again. Even mams not here anymore.

The one on other thread isn't like that. Haven't been rushed away. Bred for work not £. Kept with mam till 9-10wk. Best intentions I saw when looking.

8 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Nah, not anymore. Pay more than that for a kibble raised first cross angora/micro ferret nowadays!

In all seriousness though for someone starting out which it seems RM is (no disrespect fella) it isn't easy. I have just got my first running dog and don't have a group of running dog mates to gift me a well bred mutt so restricted to pets for homes, free adds etc to keep searching through. As it was mine came recommended through someone on here but 200 sheets. Personally I was happy to pay thay, I think that's nothing nowadays for a potential decade or more of service. 

I also think there needs to be a level of price to keep the dick heads away if your advertising.

I think 2-300 is fair for a dog. Just do plenty research, talk to a few, go see a few if possible. If it doesn't feel right it isn't right! I heard all sorts when I was looking. Be ready at 5-6weeks. Wanna get em off mam and get her out again. Even mams not here anymore.

The one on other thread isn't like that. Haven't been rushed away. Bred for work not £. Kept with mam till 9-10wk. Best intentions I saw when looking.

in my eyes and experience keeping the pup with the bitch for more than 4 week isn't fair on the bitch the sooner you get them weaned the better for the health of the bitch

• Like 2

Even rescue dogs these days cost a fair bit.

Cant see why any lurcher or pedigree dog cost more than £300, but would I pay more......yes if I wanted one and I couldn’t find cheaper......I get a real bee in my bonnet about some dog prices.

And why oh why do people pay up to and above a grand for a poodle x I’ll never know.

but at the end of the day to anyone it’s worth what your willing to pay.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

See what your saying but when I got my dog I have now didn't know anyone on this site but was on here for a couple of months and just asked about got offered loads of bull x and got offered gifted dogs. The one I took up on his offer was poxon on here didn't know the man before hand but he gifted me a dog after chatting to him and have been offered dogs since then as gifts it's not who you know all the time but I do see your point ??

• Like 1