my little rem700

well shooting the 12g on saturday was awesome so had a go today and it was just average.so about 2pm i went to the local range with the .223 and for me it went very well.had to wait to shoot for about 15m but that gave me time to catch up then i got a chance to shoot.put 3 american eagle rounds down to warm the barrel then put twelve of my homeloads onto the next target.things were going well untill i pulled one shot but after that i just packed up as there was no point in shooting any more.res1668212586_.223010.JPG.d37fef974ed06e3cd5f2845c261a300a.JPGults for 100m

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

That's good shooting. The standard triggers can be very heavy ?

What is the standard trigger?  The X Mark pro has been used for some years now!

The X Mark Pro is fitted to many and is better than a lot think...still far from match quality, but certainly ok!

Mine has been fine (even with the recall, I am convinced mine wasn't touched on recall trip).

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
1 hour ago, Deker said:

What is the standard trigger?  The X Mark pro has been used for some years now!

The X Mark Pro is fitted to many and is better than a lot think...still far from match quality, but certainly ok!

Mine has been fine (even with the recall, I am convinced mine wasn't touched on recall trip).

Yeah well to be fair the new trigger I believe is better but the first X pro thingy was lousy in my opinion.

6&1/2lb was stupid and no adjustment on mine, one of the first editions. Other early X pro units felt similar.

SD.

31 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Yeah well to be fair the new trigger I believe is better but the first X pro thingy was lousy in my opinion.

6&1/2lb was stupid and no adjustment on mine, one of the first editions. Other early X pro units felt similar.

SD.

Wondering off topic somewhat, but I'm getting confused.

My 700 is about 10 years old and was a very early, EASILY adjustable X Mark Pro, the previous X mark Pro was also adjustable but more of a malarkey, I believe that lasted a year or two!?

Are you talking about older, pre X mark triggers, as far as I recall all X mark pro were adjustable?

41 minutes ago, Deker said:

Wondering off topic somewhat, but I'm getting confused.

My 700 is about 10 years old and was a very early, EASILY adjustable X Mark Pro, the previous X mark Pro was also adjustable but more of a malarkey, I believe that lasted a year or two!?

Are you talking about older, pre X mark triggers, as far as I recall all X mark pro were adjustable?

I had an sps 20" 308 with hogue stock. It was possibly the first year they changed from the original 700 trigger unit and it was not adjustable.

It took me six hours to strip and stone it to a satisfactory trigger.

I did here that after so many complaints Remington came out with a third unit, now adjustable.

Remington have made some real boo-boos in my opinion.

However, once done and the bolt handle diagnosed to be in contact with the stock and relieved my rifle became a tack driver producing many a one hole ragged group.

Think I bought mine new about 12years ago.

A little quick research reveals mine was called the X mark trigger.

Edited by Sausagedog
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I had an sps 20" 308 with hogue stock. It was possibly the first year they changed from the original 700 trigger unit and it was not adjustable.

It took me six hours to strip and stone it to a satisfactory trigger.

I did here that after so many complaints Remington came out with a third unit, now adjustable.

Remington have made some real boo-boos in my opinion.

However, once done and the bolt handle diagnosed to be in contact with the stock and relieved my rifle became a tack driver producing many a one hole ragged group.

Think I bought mine new about 12years ago.

A little quick research reveals mine was called the X mark trigger.

Been doing a bit of digging!

You must have just missed the X Mark Pro which was adjustable and came out in 2007 (awkward adjustment), that was followed in 2009 by the EASILY adjustable X Mark Pro (which I have on my 700 SPS .308).

Mine is perfectly adequate without being exceptional, that's why my original comment was.... What is the standard trigger?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

target was at 100meters.not that far i know but that is the longest local range that i can shoot on

The standard in many peoples book, but plenty long enough to give some indicators whatever!