19 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It's got the camo and the raf bullseyeb thing  clearly a spitfire. Cant be bothered arguing with folk who "know better"

I know the Hurricane had more than a bit to do with the Battle of Britain, but if that was the Spitfire we used we would have lost! :laugh:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put this on another thread recently, in some guys garden near Newquay. Cheers, D.

Think you took the bait, swallowed the hook, jumped in the landing net, probably just about to fillet yourself now! ? ? 

? You’re a trier.

Posted Images

Every year at Castle Howard near York they have a Last Night of the Proms concert. On the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain they arranged to have Robert Hardy narrating some of Churchill's most memorable speeches and a Spitfire fly past. The plane arrived by nearly taking his Lorship's chimney pots off the roof and then while the commentator was explaining how the old Spitfire was quite fragile and was only licensed to do level flight, the pilot who must have been unaware that his plane was about to fall to pieces, was doing loops, Victory Rolls and even stood it on its tail before stalling, falling back, twisting and restarting the engine. He then strafed the crowd from about fifty foot up, another roll and away he went. Then Churchill aka Robert Hardy gave the "Fight them on the beaches....." speech. I cried.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

So it is a spitfire ? make your mind up.

That thing hanging from the ceiling of the Edinburgh museum ain't a Spitfire or a Hurricane. I don't know what it is. But I know what it isn't ?

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Whatever dont believe me. I took the pictures I know what I seen. 

Either look at Deker's post above or Google Spitfire and compare to that thing you photographed.

I reckon it is a training aircraft of some sort. It ain't a WWII fighter that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Whatever dont believe me. I took the pictures I know what I seen. 

???????????????????????????????

The Internet is a wonderful thing, I don't know what plane is in your picture but it definately isn't a Spitfire, look it up yourself on the web!

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Either look at Deker's post above or Google Spitfire and compare to that thing you photographed.

I reckon it is a training aircraft of some sort. It ain't a WWII fighter that's for sure.

:thumbs:

Trainer or possibly reconnaissance, would be interesting if somone could say what it actually is!

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It's the same f***ing plane only the Edinburgh one is decommissioned ie guns removed

You are either on something, blind, or this whole thing is a windup!

13 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It's the same f***ing plane only the Edinburgh one is decommissioned ie guns removed

You mean that the one is Glasgow is still commissioned to the RAF and still has its guns in working order? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You know what I meant.

Final comment on this thread full of obnoxious uninformedI posted a picture I took of a spitfire I seen with my own eyes in Edinburgh museum. It only looks slightly different as the guns have been removed for safety reasons aka decommissioned.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

What is your issue insulting others, check out yourself what a Spitfire looks like and compare it with the image you posted, which you insist is a Spitfire.

You are mistaken by a large amount, your image is not a Spitfire and looks nothing like one!

The alleged obnoxious uninformed know far more than you!

:thumbs: