ASI Sniper (El Gamo)

10 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

ASI stands for Anglo Spanish Imports yet they imported guns from Germany too! ☺️

I've an ASI Statical which is a semi recoiless gun that upon firing, The action slides back much like the TX200 SR and Diana 54 Airking but a couple or more decades before AA and Diana produced their sledge guns!!

Awk217I.jpg

They also sold the ASI Paratrooper, I had a couple of those but I sold one and kept one, Couldn't sell that one as it was a gift!!

The ASI guns were all made by El Gamo years ago but imported by ASI, El Gamo I think are just known as Gamo now and i'm pretty sure they're one of the largest airgun producers in the world, For anyone that doesn't know, They bought BSA out years ago and all the springers are made in Spain, PCP's are still made here in the UK though...

John ?

some nice bonsai ?

• Like 1

On 18/09/2019 at 22:03, johnbaz said:

ASI stands for Anglo Spanish Imports yet they imported guns from Germany too! ☺️

I've an ASI Statical which is a semi recoiless gun that upon firing, The action slides back much like the TX200 SR and Diana 54 Airking but a couple or more decades before AA and Diana produced their sledge guns!!

Awk217I.jpg

They also sold the ASI Paratrooper, I had a couple of those but I sold one and kept one, Couldn't sell that one as it was a gift!!

The ASI guns were all made by El Gamo years ago but imported by ASI, El Gamo I think are just known as Gamo now and i'm pretty sure they're one of the largest airgun producers in the world, For anyone that doesn't know, They bought BSA out years ago and all the springers are made in Spain, PCP's are still made here in the UK though...

John ?

A old friend of mine had an ASI statical from his mums catalogue when they first came out, I think it would have been about 1978? His sister had a go with it, got her eye right up to the scope and received a black eye as the action moved back when she took her shot. He just laughed at her.  It’s the only one I ever saw (the gun that is, not the black eye)....?

• 2 weeks later...

Had hours of fun plinking with the asi sniper my mate owned when we were kids, neighbours aerials etc weren't safe from us. He even hit a goose flying over which came down in the village. Putting a blob of oil in to make it diesel was fun too.

• 4 years later...

hi that sniper rifle was defiantly made by gamo and imported into the uk by ASI I was given one a month or so back because I like doing old guns up mine was striped down and all the internals were polished and new spring and washers fitted it now shoots at 8.5 f p and at short range its very accurate with a scope from the day I would never consider shooing rabbits with it but as a junior plinker for cans and targets its fine im going to pass it on to a young  person with there parents say so  and it will be a grate starter gun . 

• 5 months later...

I think this is a rebadged El Gamo. Does anyone know of a scope that will fit on to it? It is 11mm but the standard mount does not grip the grooves on the top of the piston. Alternatively does anyone know where I can get front and rear sights? 

8 hours ago, Honkeytonk said:

I think this is a rebadged El Gamo. Does anyone know of a scope that will fit on to it? It is 11mm but the standard mount does not grip the grooves on the top of the piston. Alternatively does anyone know where I can get front and rear sights? 

Have a look at ANTS SUPPLIES as they have different rails to fit over various gun rails along with different scope fittings. A good bloke and very helpful.

Phil