Memorable fish lost

I think of the  sighted lost catch more than the banked or boated catches over the yrs,   for me fish  losses test. your passion and resolve for the game  esp if you all but touched the fish before the hook falls out  or some kind of other drama   ,I’ve had plenty of success at loosing fish when all but played out ?the longest saga started almost 15 yr back and bounced back to create a double mind bender , always wanted a big jack over the years  and on my lucky day a big horse eye was close to landing when mr shark thought it would be funny to leave me with the head only ok I can deal with that  , yrs later having and plenty smaller jacks caught the chance of a  big fly caught jack crevalle  was on me  a perfect cast to the 30lb jack  it monstered the fly away she goes and the battle started. Fly line everywhere doing the tango it looped knotted and took  top section of the fly rod .out a few hundred yards  20 mins later    Of drama gets the knot and tip back on plays it for another 5 or 10 mins  nearing that time of joy and inches from the boat I can see it coming home to daddy.  Calmly and in slow motion  the hook drops and it rolled over and swum away  my little nephew looked up to me and quoted  “ you can’t  catch em all uncs “  you gotta laugh ? little  nephew with a nice jack 

458D5FCA-8F9F-4148-8F69-4AD37B453196.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1