1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Better still use a single ply membrane, designed to have sitting water, can be laid perfectly flat...

you can adhere straight to the felt with a fleece back membrane, most are 20 year guarantee...we use Renolit, Alkorplan...you need to be an approved installer to supply....watch out for off the shelf cowboys, like Rephanol... materials crap and sold to anyone...

If you do go down this route, Sarnafil, Trocal or Alkorplan are all good systems with trained installers only...

Use the the single ply membrane ourselves on most of our modular buildings and it’s good gear but like you say I’ve seen cheap stuff shrink by up to 2 inches. 

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get them fibreglassed will still have sitting water on but will remain watertight for long after you stopped worrying about it , ?

Yep! Buy some 450g / m2 fibreglass (about 6 times the area of roof so you can overlap and put at least two layers on) and some resin. It is dead easy to do and as long as you overlap the edges it will

I bet it's fcuking stunning stuff if you buy it from the shopping channel, and that bloke looks like he's done as much roofing as the queen mother.....

Posted Images

11 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not a fan of the finish on big areas, great for penetrations, awkward spots etc....just think it looks a bit ugly as a main field area....just my opinion though, and certainly us effective...

Paint it using marine grade gel coat if it offends the eye. Also, if you put on a thinner grade sheet on top of the 450g /m2 stuff it gives a smoother finish.

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Paint it using marine grade gel coat if it offends the eye. Also, if you put on a thinner grade sheet on top of the 450g /m2 stuff it gives a smoother finish.

Marine gel coat stays soft I believe you have to put an additive with it or buy flow coat which already contains the additive, not an expert but have done a bit with fibre glass boats and I think that’s how it works ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Use 'Roofix'. Pour more where you have water puddling. Quickest and cheapest option, especially if you plan an extension in the future.

I bet it's fcuking stunning stuff if you buy it from the shopping channel, and that bloke looks like he's done as much roofing as the queen mother.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Your a mason, mason it?  no matter what you do it sounds like your gonna put a new roof on anyways as it’s alteady bugging you. Don’t do same job twice, either do ye upstairs extension or redo the roof ?

I won't be doing it this year so just wanted to treat before winter. Can I just paint it with one of the many tins of black stuff in bnq, if so which one, and do I need to spread grit on it after painting? 

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I won't be doing it this year so just wanted to treat before winter. Can I just paint it with one of the many tins of black stuff in bnq, if so which one, and do I need to spread grit on it after painting? 

Wouldn't bother mate, seriously its shit....

If it's not leaking and just holding a bit of water youd be making a fairly tidy looking roof look shit for no gains...

If you do paint something on it, Acropol isn't bad as a temp/cheapish solution....

Will look shit though...

A bit like fibreglass...lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
On 13/07/2019 at 20:54, trigger2 said:

I think you can by rubber roofing at a reasonable  price if you shop around, if that’s laid properly you won’t have any problems.

Yes product called sarnafell seen massive flat roofs done and it's only a few millimetres thick think it's Norwegian

10 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but if your going to fix it do it properly, easy fix,s in a tin from B and Pooh are just a waste of time and money, and designed to catch people gullible enough to believe that a pot of paint and an hours work will be job done, either fix it or don’t and if your planning on staying put, use one of the more longer lasting modern surfaces like fibre glass or rubberoid, if seeing a puddle on your porch is distressing you put another bag of gravel on it ? 

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with Felt Roofs if done right  1 Paper, two felt  Gravel,  if it holds a drop of Water  no problem the trouble starts when people walk on it kids are always climbing on it or Window Cleaners , Kill the lot I say.

23 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Roofix has been around for years,https://static1.squarespace.com/static/516bc0d7e4b0f727065c77b6/t/53d0c666e4b0318b4e88c202/1406191206888/Building+News+July+2014+Flag+Paints.pdf I've used it loads of times and it's brilliant stuff. The reason it's on the shopping channel is that's where companies sell lots of their product fast, not because it's crap. Roofix is just one of the products that FLAG make. Sunseeker, the luxury boat company, use their marine products so they can't be that bad.

https://www.flagpaints.co.uk/product-browser/2013/5/30/roofix-2010-roofing-repair

4 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Roofix has been around for years,https://static1.squarespace.com/static/516bc0d7e4b0f727065c77b6/t/53d0c666e4b0318b4e88c202/1406191206888/Building+News+July+2014+Flag+Paints.pdf I've used it loads of times and it's brilliant stuff. The reason it's on the shopping channel is that's where companies sell lots of their product fast, not because it's crap. Roofix is just one of the products that FLAG make. Sunseeker, the luxury boat company, use their marine products so they can't be that bad.

https://www.flagpaints.co.uk/product-browser/2013/5/30/roofix-2010-roofing-repair

Flag is possibly the worst single ply material I've ever used....don't know anything about Roofix though....