Took the lad out

THAT BOUGHT MY HW100KS OFF ME

What a nice lad he is very respectful of my and vizs perm and listened to every thing i sayd  to him not that he needed to

i cleared it with sean first that i was going to take him and show him the ropes .

Dont know what you lads are like but me and sean dont take any one on with out the other saying so

any way got there after 6 and i got the hw97 out took the first one out of the tank window at 48yrds (paced)

nice head shot All Chris could say was nice shot that jimmy

set his zero at 30 yrds Hw100 177 ks using jsb 8,48,,, 4,52

drove one of the fields but nothing about then the rain started the heavens just opened up we sat in the tank until it stopped .

Then off we went i must add Chris is ex forces ,,,,been blown up by an rpg,,and shot twice

and iv got all the time in the world for any of the lad from the forces and then some .

Any way his first rabbit came not long after that i spotted it for him with the lamp (not quite dark but not to light ether)

i missed the first two in this field and they ran for cover we waited a while then out one came Chris missed with his first shot (it went low)

so he reset him self and off the shooting sticks let another go 3 and a half mil dots and it was lights out i went over to retrieve it

the shot was spot on just behind its eye .

Chris came over and i could see he was pacing the shot out now i must add this is his first pcp and the smile was getting bigger on his face i heard him counting as he came over 68,,,,69,,,,70,,,72 .

72 yrds with a sub 12 rifle off shooting sticks  72 yrds i looked at him and sayd IF YOU HAD ANY DOUBTS ABOUT THAT RIFLE YOU CAN LAY THEM TO REST AFTER THAT SHOT .

Me iv shot 100s of rabbits with it i know how good it is mind after the way i shot tonight with the hw97 i want a slap missed about 6or7

i new i should of had lol

we waited to see if the other one would show its self but to no avail so headed back to the tank for a bite to eat then off we went again where i missed another two .

but on the way back i got my second on zero 35yrds and a heart shot

we had a bit of a wander about and called it a night jut the three two small ones and Chris got the big one lol

told him to keep hold of my t20 lamp for now until he could get sorted with one (his first time lamping as well lads)

as i would be taking him out again .

So sold my hw100 and made a good friend in his words

SALT OF THE EARTH MATE

And i know what most of you are thinking

was i wishing id of kept the hw100 ...............naaaaa

WELL MAY BE JUST A LITTLE

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190712_213354.jpg

IMG_20190712_213433.jpg

IMG_20190712_213442.jpg

IMG_20190712_221432.jpg

IMG_20190713_003208.jpg

• Like 9

Hi to all, I’ve just posted war and peace in the welcome new members topic which sets the scene for this reply so I won’t waffle on too much again here but just to say a massive thank you to bigmac 97kt for taking me out last night and thanks also to vislauk for the blessing.

what a fantastic night I had out apart from the rain doing its best to mess it up for us we plodded on and I’m thrilled to have christened the hw100ks with a nice 70yder although I admit I watched the first shot on 2.5 mill dots fall short and adjusted for the second to drop it cleanly... at least I’m getting to know my distance now and learning about the capabilities of this excellent rifle.

This was indeed my first time out with a lamp and a huge thanks again Mac for the lend and sound advice again.

i feel extremely lucky to have met you and vislauk(another thanks for the tinkering on the gun mate) and have already learned so much from you both.

My faith in humanity has been well and truly restored by the warmth and kindness from you both and a special mention to bigmac for taking the time to show me the ropes and not being frightened to bollock me (in a nice constructive way I may add firm but fair for any small mistakes I make whilst learning ie shining my lamp on his target also and spooking it  ??, sorry again bud.

Mac pulled a cracking shot off out of the window of the tank when we first pulled up and I played it cool with a “good shot mate” but I was actually really impressed as it had its head down and not much of it was showing, a quick squeak to lift it and he dispatched it quickly with a perfect shot just shy of 50yds.

obviously the rain was a bit of a pain but we plodded on through it and ended up with a few more shots of which Mac dropped another one with a heart and lung, again credit where it’s due it was raining and the rabbit again presented itself in an awkward position making it difficult for him but a lovely clean dispatch again mate.

Ill end here with a massive thank you for all you have done and the loan of the lamp ( I’m looking for one of my own this week ) and feel blessed to have met 2 new friends who truly are cracking lads with top banter, here’s to the future I have a lot to learn but I’m all ears and am looking forward to the journey and hopefully being able to repay the kindness in the future with a few permissions of my own.

onwards and upwards and happy hunting to you all.

ps. I’m knackered today though ???

not used to the night shift ?

Regards Chris.

• Like 10

Your more than welcome Chris

Your not the only one that is knakered im getting to old for this shit mate lol

Just keep hold of the lamp Chris iv got plenty im in no rush to get it back mate

Ill bell you the next time im out you still have a lot to learn lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,wait until we are out with viz and you do some thing wrong :no::whistling:

• Like 1

Well done lads Chris I have a torch here you can have for free whoever I see first Jimmy or Sean il pass it on to them not sure if it's red though mite just be a white pill in it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to get out & bag something with your new gun Chris, well done both of you, there's a red t20 torch at mine you can have, along with mount, rat tail switch & a few good rechargeable batteries,  I won't be using them again !

Regards Sean

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well this topic certainly made my Sunday morning up for me, great read lads :good:.

8 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Ill say it before any one else says it

WHO MAC AND SEAN NAAAAA CANT BE

THERE A PAIR OF RIGHT TWATS THEM TWO?

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:no:  No one thinks that James -  " Honest". :laugh:

Good on you lads,

Mark.

• Like 2