This has cheered me up

Nothing to do with shooting but as I was looking through the hunting life as it happened I thought I would share it, now I’m at one of my jobs today ( the one I don’t like ) and for some reason the owner of the business is here wandering around the workshop ( horrible little tw*t ) and for the purpose of this little story we will refer to him as fat lad, so I’m having an unofficial tea break and looking through THL and fat lad walks up to me and says 

fat lad - do you know we have a no phone policy in place here

stav - yep

fat lad - so why are you on yours 

stav- I’m having a little break, I’ve worked hard today

fat lad - you know this will be taken further

stav - what? a bollocking

fat lad - ( in a raised voice) YES THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER 

stav - do you know my name?

fat lad - WHAT

stav - do you know my name?

fat lad - no

stav - well f*ck of then son and come back when you have had the decency to learn my name before you start shouting you mouth off at me, I’ve worked for you for 6 years and you don’t know my name, what a tw*t

so red faced he has stormed off into the office to see my gaffer who is probably now telling him that I put my notice in last week, so a bollocking might be wasted on me, fingers crossed I don’t have to work my notice and can have a couple of weeks off

I feel this has been a small victory for the little man, haha f*ck you fat lad ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

It certainly felt good to shout him down, I would normally never leave a job on bad turms but sometimes needs must when people think they are better than you. Well I was hoping they would tell me to go home and not work the Saturday/Sunday but after our little chat nothing else was said to me, this could mean one of two things, ether my gaffer wasn’t in or when fat lad told him he thought sh*t we can’t afford to get shot of him when we have all this work in over the weekend, so fingers crossed they will bin me next week ??

• Like 2

Had a guy try telling me off once, I was doing a mate a favour an didn't even work there, this old guy says "while your here you can go check out the mains in that shed", me "no thanks", him "do you know who I am", me "no, do you know who I am?" him "no", me "well fukcoff then", he did a dance and walked off scratching his head, he was the owner of the quarry and even asked my mate if I'd return to work for him as he'd never been spoken to like that, and respected me ? I never returned, hated working in mucky ole holes ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

One thing I have always struggled with is the idea that someone can give me a telling off, firstly I don’t care what you think and secondly I’m not 12 years old and just took your sweets off you, I treat everyone the same I work with, I’m not bothered who you are or what position you hold, you are just someone who has a different job to me, I’ve come across a few people that would do well to remember that respect is earned not given ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Stavross . Before I was keepering . I Had a plastering / outside rendering business and have worked for myself for years . But ultimately your customers are your “boss” while you work for them . Its only happened to me twice but I literally have left jobs before I’ve even got the tools out of the van . One customer didn’t want her flower beds ruined, that were next to her house , “we had to hack off the old render and re- render” what did she think was going to happen?  Another guy when I arrived with the team to start work on his house appeared at the door in a high vis vest hard hat and steel toe cap boots , clutching a clip board , after a brief conversation I came to the conclusion the guy was a complete prick and would be a total nightmare . So I told the lads to put the kit back , “where are you going “? , “Wetherspoons, see ya”

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3