Fur and feather

My hound has placed them into categories of, Fur = needs to be chased and squashed. Feather = unless its really close and I can be bothered then I might go 50%, and if its a pheasant I'm gonna pluck it.

He's had duck, pheasant and a gull, but as he gets older He chooses his runs on feather unless its in close proximity.

He's a lurcher to lurcher mostly grey with whippet, collie, deer and bull and a smidge of stubbornness.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2019 at 01:30, rabbitman1234567 said:

What would you say was the best small lurcher cross for taking fur and feathers in day and night

My old bedy whippet good dog for feather,he took plenty kaneys,he would snaffle them in long grass mostly and I see him take them on the run befor take off,

i see him pin them with his paws and wait for me to deal with it ,

wish he was young again !!

• Like 5
10 hours ago, bobza said:

Whippets don't do to bad, 

DSC_0045.JPG

That white dog bit like my ol dog

mostly whippet with a touch of bedlington and his mam had a bit of sal in her .

me and him we done some miles and he put plenty away in his time and punched well above his size ,

He's next to me now ,no longer works but he'd still break his heart to catch.

IMG_1083.JPG

• Like 1
On 12/07/2019 at 01:30, rabbitman1234567 said:

What would you say was the best small lurcher cross for taking fur and feathers in day and night

? Don't think there is an actual best type,...I've seen all sorts of lurchers, big and small,..trying their hand at a multitude of tasks...

I don't do a lot nowadays, but I do like to get my money's worth out of a jukel...

It's fun to give everything a try...?

052.JPG

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Many thanks for that Micky....not really, back into the dogs and ferrets, wires, etc...just twiddling my thumbs in various Hospital waiting rooms. 

Rosy and I have been together, for 45 years, she is my best pal, so I am obviously a wee bit lost, and confused...

We beat this fecking thing some 20 years ago; My wife is a strong woman and intends to whip its arse, one more time. 

Anyway,..it is what it is, eh...

All the best to everyone,..regards, Phil.?

hang in there phil, hope Rosy  can keep fighting it mate, you got any other family  son or daughter , they can be great comfort to you in bad times . ive only got the one son , got 2 lovely grandchildren   2 year old girl , and 5 month old boy , me and you about same age , me thoughts are with you mate . Ray

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Many thanks for that Micky....not really, back into the dogs and ferrets, wires, etc...just twiddling my thumbs in various Hospital waiting rooms. 

Rosy and I have been together, for 45 years, she is my best pal, so I am obviously a wee bit lost, and confused...

We beat this fecking thing some 20 years ago; My wife is a strong woman and intends to whip its arse, one more time. 

Hope she gets better Phil. If you want to bring her down here for a break in sunny Cornwall, you're welcome to stay in our annexe any time mate. 

Chin up.

• Like 11
On 23/07/2019 at 12:51, Phil Lloyd said:

Sad to read that Phil, hope your Rosy is back fit and well soon...

All the best mate

Kev

• Like 1
On 23/07/2019 at 12:51, Phil Lloyd said:

Sorry to hear that ... rose is a smashing lady and being as tough as she is I’m sure she will pull through this ......

• Like 3