micky

THESE NEW TYPE FERRETS ?

8 hours ago, wilbs said:

Nonsense lol - am too busy a chap to get into discussions over a few bloody bunnies.

Training ferrets not to kill you have obviously not read the post. I use a slightly smaller ferret as they kill a lot less. I go out to enjoy seeing my dogs running etc and am away on holiday most weekends so rabbiting discussions are bottom of my things to do lol.

Just off out now with my daughter to pop some bunnies off for a family friend for my vegetarian ferrets lol. This is my last post as I've said my bit and everyone is entitled to their opinion and each to their own. It's about catching a few bunnies ffs

But you already have 😁

I had large ferrets and small ferrets, as did my mates. The little ones would kill in just as often as the bigger ones.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:57, wilbs said:

I don't think its so much the size of the ferret that makes it stop down, some ferrets just seem to go to ground more. The thing that makes a lot of difference is the amount of times the ferret gets dragged out on the back end of a bunny it's quite funny to watch. Obviously with a lot bigger ferret the bunnies are going nowhere which means waiting around and more digging. The amount of times my ferrets get dragged out which obviously results in a lot less digging. Probably the same people up north who you are on about who I have known for many years. I went out at the end of the season with them and had a cracking day they put some serious time in it's near enough a full time job i wouldn't want to turn it from a hobby to a kind of job though as I'm too busy with other things. Most times I just bolt them for my dogs unless I have to get a load for someone.

If you are up for a laugh Micky and want to catch plenty of bunnies I would be more than happy to take you out for a day and a night when the season starts and see what you think. Leave your shovel at home though 😁 

Thanks Wilbs I would love to 👍 there will be no problem leaving the spade  behind and  I have a yen to scoff some of that Humble Pie  again .

DSCF1586.JPG

• Like 1

Got a pair of Jill's last Sunday,first ferrets in 6 years,got my daughter to handle them during the day for me,and she's done a fantastic job,looking forward to next season

IMG_20190725_205137.jpg

IMG-906d6a0163bbc03413c4804594efeeb7-V.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, micky said:

Thanks Wilbs I would love to 👍 there will be no problem leaving the spade  behind and  I have a yen to scoff some of that Humble Pie  again .

DSCF1586.JPG

You're welcome pal, nice.to have another experienced pair of hands you will be doing me a favour. Will PM you and we can sort something out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Got a pair of Jill's last Sunday,first ferrets in 6 years,got my daughter to handle them during the day for me,and she's done a fantastic job,looking forward to next season

IMG_20190725_205137.jpg

IMG-906d6a0163bbc03413c4804594efeeb7-V.jpg

my 3 are up and in with the Kitts soon as they wake up,in the house for a few hrs a day.....  never had a biter yet👌

• Like 3