micky

THESE NEW TYPE FERRETS ?

Most of my permission is on grouse moors, so with the large expances of deep heather bed we work it’s a no brainer really, I like the slow mathodical working style of them and there easy  visabilty should they pop out somewhere unexpected. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, neil b said:

Most of my permission is on grouse moors, so with the large expances of deep heather bed we work it’s a no brainer really, I like the slow mathodical working style of them and there easy  visabilty should they pop out somewhere unexpected. 

I have always found them to be steadier. I have had my share of both and find coloured ones to be a lot faster. 

• Like 1

About 10 years ago I was gifted a black EU polecat Hob ( when they was worth £80 !) I thort all my Christmas’s had come at ones , he looked amazing, was nice to handle and very strong and muscley, how ever when I tried to work him he would just kill and move on he was so fast nothing ever bolted I was disappointed very disappointed in him I guess you live n learn ha ha give me a standard albino or sandy any day 

i really like the dark polecats but there just not practical for the land I hunt, 

2 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

About 10 years ago I was gifted a black EU polecat Hob ( when they was worth £80 !) I thort all my Christmas’s had come at ones , he looked amazing, was nice to handle and very strong and muscley, how ever when I tried to work him he would just kill and move on he was so fast nothing ever bolted I was disappointed very disappointed in him I guess you live n learn ha ha give me a standard albino or sandy any day 

should of put it to a steady white worker,slow them down abit 😉put them back to another white...that's what I did with my pures.....find they kill the odd one first season then settle down 👍

I did put him over a sandy and to be fair they made nice kits but was quite hard to tame , he lived till he was 9 thort the bloody thing would never die ! 

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

I did put him over a sandy and to be fair they made nice kits but was quite hard to tame , he lived till he was 9 thort the bloody thing would never die ! 

I found them nippy until they done a few seasons,but they were spot on👍my son's young black dog got in with them and wiped me out 😖

• Sad 1

If they're bred from working stock, it makes no difference what colour they are. Seen slow, fast and all in between in all colours. Old wives tale down here is polecat works deeper than whites. Crap, depends entirely on the ferret. 

I like white personally, easier seen in the hedgerows we work. 

I think you get gooduns of all shapes and colours but all the best ferrets ive had have been black eyed whites and silvers.

• Like 1

i've got all colours here but thats just because these old eyes like the lighter colours better , and having different colours here i can see whos surfacing on a big warren with out tramping all over it and seeing if ones missing then out comes the knocker box  .

I had a mate packing in so i said i would rehome his ferrets while i found homes for them and one was a big EU polecat , big rippling barstool walked totally different from the ferrets put him in with my jills and the thrashed it LOL  no use for working killed too many rabbits so passed him on to a guy who rated dark polecats 

18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

20190712_193057.jpg.4a1c82d269e775893b60b8517c85f11f.jpg

THAT'S A MEAN LOOKING UGLY b*****d

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, micky said:

THAT'S A MEAN LOOKING UGLY b*****d

that's my best little working jill micky you cheeky cnut😉she's just getting back after her kitts 👍IMG-20190707-WA0008.jpg.d9a1a9e2fe6ebc3038f66919ba34ed51.jpg

I don’t think it was meant as an insult, but there again with micky who knows 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

that's my best little working jill micky you cheeky cnut😉she's just getting back after her kitts 👍IMG-20190707-WA0008.jpg.d9a1a9e2fe6ebc3038f66919ba34ed51.jpg

Looks like being some nicer coloured kits there👍

• Like 1