Jump to content
micky

THESE NEW TYPE FERRETS ?

Recommended Posts

EUROS , BLACK EYED WHITES , GREYHOUND, MICRO , What do this lot add to the Pot ? all I've  had for the last 60 odd years  is just a humble Ferret, in the main they have all done what their supposed too except a couple that had to be knocked on the nut, I just try to feed them right handle them and keep the hut  clean and give em plenty of work  so what do these exotics bring in .

bonfire night 032.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

They add or bring nowt, give me a few garden variety common ferrets anyday, Iv had same line of ferrets for a few years now an a few mates have gone from fad to fad an have all ended up with normal ferrets now

 

been seeing some mad arse colours about recently tho, whites with black spots an patches an polecats with big white blazes an stuff an even one that looked red/orange, wtf is that all about 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

a Ferret is a bog standard ferret. to me they are coloured ones or whites. don't give a monkeys trumpet what colour eyes they have only one thing matters is they work. the standard ferrets you are talking about have stood the test of time. I will leave this post now has the resident half wit will shortly be on and the thread will turn into a farce. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

They add or bring nowt, give me a few garden variety common ferrets anyday, Iv had same line of ferrets for a few years now an a few mates have gone from fad to fad an have all ended up with normal ferrets now

 

been seeing some mad arse colours about recently tho, whites with black spots an patches an polecats with big white blazes an stuff an even one that looked red/orange, wtf is that all about 😂

Its the same with Dogs Don …...COAT BLIND .

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, micky said:

EUROS , BLACK EYED WHITES , GREYHOUND, MICRO , What do this lot add to the Pot ? all I've  had for the last 60 odd years  is just a humble Ferret, in the main they have all done what their supposed too except a couple that had to be knocked on the nut, I just try to feed them right handle them and keep the hut  clean and give em plenty of work  so what do these exotics bring in .

bonfire night 032.jpg

Money 💴 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

 I will leave this post now has the resident half wit will shortly be on and the thread will turn into a farce. 

Image result for half wit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well ! you would think  some of the Euro or Micro owners would make an appearance on this thread even if it is only to say "my ferret never kills in and comes straight out when I whistle or I don't need a locator because if it duz kill it drags them out

bonfire night 024.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/07/2019 at 11:28, fred90 said:

 I will leave this post now has the resident half wit will shortly be on and the thread will turn into a farce. 

I'm hoping he's gone.  I asked that he be banned, at least from the ferret forums.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I heard OT has a ferret car like the dog one Lloyd has in dumb and dumber. Natural it’s a limousine...long and sleek like his greyhound ferrets 😉😂.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/07/2019 at 17:18, W. Katchum said:

"even one that looked red/orange, wtf is that all about 😂"

Years ago reddish-ginger ferrets were not unusual ;they were what we called sandies. Albino,polecat and sandy( ginger) were the main colours. Anything in between light and dark was a poley-cross.

These days  a sandy is just a light polecat cross but I would love to see one of the proper type again.

Edited by comanche

Share this post


Link to post

As a youngster I tried the silvers, dark polecats and black eyed whites, now I keep predominantly albinos.... I’m of the mindset now,it’s not right if it ain’t white! 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, neil b said:

As a youngster I tried the silvers, dark polecats and black eyed whites, now I keep predominantly albinos.... I’m of the mindset now,it’s not right if it ain’t white! 

Yep.I've had various shades,some I confess I bought because they were pretty ,especially when I was younger.

They all worked but experience and aging eyes, coupled with the sort of single-handed ferreting I tend to do has taught me that a white one shows up best in thick cover!

Edited by comanche

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, neil b said:

As a youngster I tried the silvers, dark polecats and black eyed whites, now I keep predominantly albinos.... I’m of the mindset now,it’s not right if it ain’t white! 

I am very partial to whites. getting back into it last year I couldn't find any well bred whites. so ended up with 2 coloured Jill's. not complaining but whites are always first choice for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×