My Lad Jim

4 minutes ago, Artoist said:

He was 13 month old when I got him he's now 3, description of him at Barnsley and District Animal rescue was "failed hunting dog".

I've not had any intention of working him,he's a pet but he can move quite a bit more than my last Lurcher

You probably wont have a choice, if he's offlead and spots something ?

Maybe you should try him on rabbits. Many a supposed failed dog ended up in the right hands and came right ;)

• Like 4

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You probably wont have a choice, if he's offlead and spots something ? Maybe you should try him on rabbits. Many a supposed failed dog ended up in the right hands and came right

looks like it could have Wheaton in him.....smart looking dog.atvb?

looks like my bitches litter mates to be fair. I went to a dog show on the weekend ,f***ing little dicks asking if my dogs were for sale?and loads of folks were trying to tell me my bitch was a d

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Artoist said:

He was 13 month old when I got him he's now 3, description of him at Barnsley and District Animal rescue was "failed hunting dog".

I've not had any intention of working him,he's a pet but he can move quite a bit more than my last Lurcher

Fair enough your not against hunting you just dont fancy it yourself like 

34 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Fair enough your not against hunting you just dont fancy it yourself like 

yeh shame not to let have crack at few rabbits, just to see him stretch his legs. they run 100% different  live quarry deff, ive had play chasing each other, and after ball  etc . the one day was walking on my norm walk , about 11 am met couple  dog walkers i know , all dogs were fine , was lab, cocker, and dob x , got my 2 lurchers and the jack x , my big dog Buck was walking like he was  half dead  lol .  a fox about 90 yds   away,  came out of the wood  seen us and went back to wood. well Buck  went like fookin rocket to the wood, these 3 people were gob smacked with how he got down there so fast lol, fox got away , but how lurchers come to life when they see another wild animal , it shocked them being honest. told them there tons of lurcher more faster than my dog , all lurchers big/small   need i think the odd run at a rabbit, they come alive deff.

• Like 1

He sees plenty rabbits in a morning and he's just not arsed,mind you I think he's had a sniff of a fox in the past because he's set off and it seemed like a different pace and he didn't come back for 20 mins ...shit meself I thought I'd lost him,so yeah maybe there's something in him

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Oh maaan GOLF

they say its the perfect way to spoil a good walk neck ....

I lived and worked on a golf course before the ban came in.... in my younger days.....loads to go at with the dogs after work ,I have very fond memories?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

they say its the perfect way to spoil a good walk neck ....

I lived and worked on a golf course before the ban came in.... in my younger days.....loads to go at with the dogs after work ,I have very fond memories?

Your right mate and these days such places hold a herd or 2 of grilf

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Artoist said:

Nowt against it at all,I play quite a bit of golf so couldn't possibly fit it all in,walking him twice a day for an hour at a time is enough for me

All credibility gone lol.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

she's 1/4 Wheaton,1/4 bull 1/2 grey ray mate,around 13 months old now 25/26tts,about 35/40 kgs?

nice  x that  , you have some fun with her this season , that breeding, and her size , she be spot on for most things she bumps into .

• Like 1