Free to any tuner

Just found in a drawer, a Tinbum short stroke thingy dooda for an Air Arms TX / Prosport and as I will not be buying another TX, it is no use to me. If anyone can make use of it, let me know and it is yours.

20190709_141444_zpsuvy0nbhw.jpg

20190709_141430_zpsprecmbfs.jpg

Phil

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Its fookin not, thats why I never fitted it to Phils TX when I tuned it, much much better without that crap.

Each to their own mate - I like the shot cycle of a short stroked TX.

6 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Each to their own mate - I like the shot cycle of a short stroked TX.

True mate, however when they are short stroked the power drops quite a bit necessitating more preload to get the power back up, (assuming power is an important issue) the extra preload needed usually increases recoil, rather negating the benefit of short stroking, just making the rifle snappy, just my opinion of course.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, villaman said:

Why do people harp on saying TX does not need running so why do they tune them ?

because like most rifles they can be improved with work, TX and pro sport can be smoothed out by removing the steel top hat, polishing the spring ends, polishing the piston rod and trigger sears, and adding some delrin bits, and very importantly correct lubing, especially of the synthetic bearings the piston runs on.

• Like 3

Well each to their own, I know but I`ve hunted with a short stroked TX 200 HC MK3 .177 for over 5 years now and hell is that rifle accurate.

She's a Rat Works stage 4 tuned rifle that as soon as the Mamba cross hairs are placed on the target, you know its lights out, every time.IMG_1071.JPG.eb37397b0050fbd5502fa115fb641b4b.JPG

My Pro Sport is untouched and shooting as they come out of the box.

To be honest lads I`m loath to changing anything on her as she is one deadly hunting rifle.

She also is .177 cal.

1280023971_IMG_0941(1).JPG.c7d94a3690b50b1e8914f9b6159cb9c4.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG.e7748f154e3df8c85b3e209759143654.JPG

I`ve held back with the hunting photos for now.

atb. Mark.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, charlie caller said:

True mate, however when they are short stroked the power drops quite a bit necessitating more preload to get the power back up, (assuming power is an important issue) the extra preload needed usually increases recoil, rather negating the benefit of short stroking, just making the rifle snappy, just my opinion of course.

Yes, there's no getting away from that mate - loosing a bit of volume in the cylinder does sap a bit of power and, some extra preload is needed.

......... The shot cycle in mine is a quick snap but, it's not what I'd call snappy (if that makes sense).

I suppose the recoil is still there but to a lesser degree and, it feels different to shoot.

Also, I like that the rifle cocks on only 1 click of the ABT - I don't get that clack clack clack if I forget to hold the button in any more :thumbs:

• Like 1