Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the above scope? My intended use would be a bit of everything, but probably the most important factor for me would be for it to perform reasonably well in the odd HFT shoot.. Hence being drawn to the 40mm objective. How does the AMX reticle fair against a normal half mil dot? 

The scope would be mounted on my Scorpion SE. 

Mark 

Hawke make (sell) very adequate, but very ordinary scopes,

They are fine for many applications and I have several. which do what I want just fine.

If you want serious quality you will have to dig a lot deeper in your pockests.

:thumbs:

Hi Deker, 

I've no want or need to spend hundreds and hundreds on a scope, my post was simply generalising on model that's in my desired price range. As it turned out I didn't buy a hawke, I bought a Discovery VT-1 Pro 3-12x42 hmd. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow, so looking forward to getting it mounted on the scorpion! 

Cheers, Mark 

1 minute ago, maha87 said:

Hi Deker, 

I've no want or need to spend hundreds and hundreds on a scope, my post was simply generalising on model that's in my desired price range. As it turned out I didn't buy a hawke, I bought a Discovery VT-1 Pro 3-12x42 hmd. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow, so looking forward to getting it mounted on the scorpion! 

Cheers, Mark 

I've heard good things about the Discovery scopes, but have no personal experience!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

So it arrived today and I'm very impressed I must say. First thing I noticed is that it was slightly on the heavier side, but the build quality is absolutely superb.. And I'm not putting it on a tx or anything.. So who cares! 

The hmd reticle is nice and thin but not so much so it'll disappear in low light. Finger turrets are positive and provide a reassuring click. The magnification window is a nice touch, and the matte finish is really sleek. It's a nice addition as well with the 60mm screw in sunshade. 

Just need my rifle back from BSA now to get it mounted. IMG_20190717_145702.jpg.44745b9324c896b83873c15ea7107110.jpgIMG_20190717_145844.jpg.b588db7918de608dd90e24574383357b.jpgIMG_20190717_151733.jpg.ee8a29ac2490d7f2d72e28899c5b678a.jpgIMG_20190717_151721.jpg.e46a9091c263fc3f92963d3774df6d78.jpg

Edited by maha87