It’s only a matter of time

5 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Grandkids ahhhhhhhhhh ?

I only have one and that's enough!

Only kidding, love her to bits.

Grandkids are Great you hand them back when they leak,cry ,moan or want :laugh:.Wouldnt be without them though keep me old bones young

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the story so far is I’ve had birds delivered to two pens so far , I’ve got another two to be delivered this week . The first pen has settled in really well and I’ve had no problems from Charlie..

Nice one John . Only couple hundred more to go lol . Had a look round the chicken farm I do last night with the pard set up and managed this little lot off sticks .

That's keepering mate and how I lost my hair. I don't do it now but just in case it helps my old keeper friend would leave his shirt hanging up wind from the pen of an evening! If you were closer

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Grandkids are Great you hand them back when they leak,cry ,moan or want :laugh:.Wouldnt be without them though keep me old bones young

True , but we’ve become free child care . Still it’s hard on the young parents now to afford..... life . I’ve even been roped into after school pickups!!! Still can’t complain , some of those young mums are rather easy on the eye . ?

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Grandparents and Grandkids always get on because they have a common enemy.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My dad always said live long enough to be  a problem to you kids and now its my turn :clapper:Dad dancing,crap jokes and embarrasing memories of the kids when theyre out with their friends on the pop oh yeah bring it on

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

My dad always said live long enough to be  a problem to you kids and now its my turn :clapper:Dad dancing,crap jokes and embarrasing memories of the kids when theyre out with their friends on the pop oh yeah bring it on

That makes it worth clinging on for another decade!

• Like 5

Another windless and very still and quiet night. I put in another evening vigil from a different position overlooking the pen and saw nothing . The birds are off the wire now and I’m not loosing any , so panic over . I thought I would do an early visit and see if any of the poults were being nabbed when they landed on the other side of the wire when they come down from roost . I was thinking to myself “ this will be when I get it “. 4.0am and I’m climbing into the high seat . I spent a very pleasant couple of hours watching the sun come up and the birds come down from their branches , but no fox . ??? I wonder if he’s paying a visit during the day ?

I get very frustrated as my perm owner sees em during the day on his rounds but whenever  i go to this or that area no fox . I go at random times <shift work> and dont see many at all .And the place is low on dens ,the transient foxes come in feed and bog off ,so he gets cross and i get peed off waiting for no show.

Tried baiting and my icotec but the only called ones have been hand squeaks and mouse squeak ,due to the sporting estates around us being patrolled they are lampshy  and i.r will have them running for the bus .

You,l get the so n so when he least expects it ,good luck S/L 

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

I hope your gonna get this one mounted once you get him @shovel leaner !!

Ive Never bothered with trophy’s or taxidermy. I like it but my Mrs doesn’t!!! We foster children and I’d love to upset a couple of the hippy lefty , veggie social workers that visit with a nice stuffed fox mask , and regale them with the story of its demise , but Mrs shovel won’t hear of it . ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4