Any scrap men in Birmingham??

16 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

If so who pays the best price on non ferrous over that way? 

Round my way prices vary from yard to yard, best to just phone round the morning your weighing in and see who is paying most per kilo on whichever metal you have, I don’t pay loads of attention to prices because they can vary over the course of a day and as scrap is generally a freebie everything you get is bonus, I have saved a yard full in the past just to see the arse fall out the market making it almost worthless so now I just weigh it in at the end of the day if I,m out collecting ??

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Round my way prices vary from yard to yard, best to just phone round the morning your weighing in and see who is paying most per kilo on whichever metal you have, I don’t pay loads of attention to prices because they can vary over the course of a day and as scrap is generally a freebie everything you get is bonus, I have saved a yard full in the past just to see the arse fall out the market making it almost worthless so now I just weigh it in at the end of the day if I,m out collecting ??

Yeah me to mate, I’ve brought this tho so need the best price possible on it lol

2 hours ago, sid g said:

why Birmingham ? that where you brought it ?

No mate, just it’s a big city so there must be some decent payers over there....the couple of yards over here have no competition so can pay lower rates and I’m starting to realise it’s worth a lot more than what I’m getting for it lol

Edited by Stoney100

Depending on the size of your wagon and how big a load you have will decide how far you travel obviously, the scrap yard on sharpness dock is well known for paying good money and people do travel quite a distance to weigh in there, probably 60 mile to brum so you will need a good load but I no a few welsh lads that travel up there once a month with a decent lorry full ??

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Greyman said:

Depending on the size of your wagon and how big a load you have will decide how far you travel obviously, the scrap yard on sharpness dock is well known for paying good money and people do travel quite a distance to weigh in there, probably 60 mile to brum so you will need a good load but I no a few welsh lads that travel up there once a month with a decent lorry full ??

Cheers mate