• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out foraging for Samphire today trying to find a local spot. I spotted some on the Camel estuary last week which gave me the idea. Well found loads I was amazed but bugger was it bloody hot and humid.

No Fungi it's gone dry as a chip again. Under some Hazels and they were dropping every where, so filled my pockets. Cheers Arry

Drying me nuts. Good amount of Walnuts this year. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

There’s a few on the mushroom guide Arry posted that look like that the Goblet, Panther cap and Tawny funnel cap I always say if it don’t look edible don’t eat it, that doesn’t look like the cuisine we are accustomed to lol....

http://www.wildfooduk.com/mushroom-guide/

Lol I see over nexts doors garden 

• Haha 1
On 17/11/2019 at 13:12, green lurchers said:

Any idea of these arry cheers 

2648DF75-BE65-45A7-9CC1-78E5868D6655.jpeg

C6878141-5E97-4F72-BF90-9696673782AF.jpeg

GL no sorry mate look a bit dark for Wood Blewits its the right time of year for them, got them coming up in my garden.

P1210347.jpeg.1cb51b7a3475c741663e26b9975e3435.jpeg

Cheers Arry

On 17/11/2019 at 13:12, green lurchers said:

Any idea of these arry cheers 

2648DF75-BE65-45A7-9CC1-78E5868D6655.jpeg

C6878141-5E97-4F72-BF90-9696673782AF.jpeg

Kept looking at them little flecks on top and reminded me of honey fungus so went on line looking for pictures of old honey fungus. See what you think'

tn_IMG_4149honeyfungus.jpg.bb26184ff9f91a2aa1b7bfc30e7be367.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

These are in singles have searched  but best left alone me thinks ?

Well honey fungus is edible most I see is growing on old stumps and the Deer love them. I think it is honey fungus you have there but old ones, usually growing on dead trees etc. It will kill privet hedges also known as Boot lace Fungus has black root bit like boot laces. But like all fungi if your not 100% leave it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mark williams said:

I do all my mushroom foraging in ASDA.  :laugh:

Safest way  :good:

Mark you are absolutely right if you are not 100% do not eat it. I do enjoy foraging and hunting must be a bit of the hunter gatherer left in me from a pocket full of nuts or some mushrooms or a brace of rabbits. It's like being close to earth and surviving in touch with natural things if you know where I'm coming from. Atb.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Mark you are absolutely right if you are not 100% do not eat it. I do enjoy foraging and hunting must be a bit of the hunter gatherer left in me from a pocket full of nuts or some mushrooms or a brace of rabbits. It's like being close to earth and surviving in touch with natural things if you know where I'm coming from. Atb.

Cheers Arry

I do Arry, clueless with the right and wrongs of mushrooms so ASDA is my tutor.

Hunting - 50 years in the field and under keeper to one very knowledgeable head keeper who knew nowt about mushrooms :laugh:.

So, with the greatest of respect Arry, home brew from the hedgerows and game with ASDA mushrooms for us . :good: x

• Like 1