Out foraging for Samphire today trying to find a local spot. I spotted some on the Camel estuary last week which gave me the idea. Well found loads I was amazed but bugger was it bloody hot and humid. Well chuffed with four Chinese container full just over half a kilo, just got to catch some fish now or it will be down to a boiled egg and using it for soldiers. Lol.

IMG_0469.jpeg.80aae9f01d482b707f2ea932a2e5a788.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg.9a3759d0d61e64327897fe282c343dad.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out foraging for Samphire today trying to find a local spot. I spotted some on the Camel estuary last week which gave me the idea. Well found loads I was amazed but bugger was it bloody hot and humid.

No Fungi it's gone dry as a chip again. Under some Hazels and they were dropping every where, so filled my pockets. Cheers Arry

Drying me nuts. Good amount of Walnuts this year. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

17 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I've got a few good spots, not really a fan of the stuff but could fill bin bags where we dig lug ?

Go nice with a slab of bream ?

Got to say I think I agree, it's a bit over rated. Steam some for two minutes in butter and lemon with bit of black pepper. Couple of Bass or Bream fillets would be spot on. Looks like you had a cracking day with the kids getting Lug.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

When me and my Sister stayed at our Aunties   at Wells on Sea we had Samphire and Cockle soup ,her Husband was Dutch  and had a Poached Egg in his but that was a bit much for us Midlands  Kids we were always eating Shrimps too  but you never see them now days .

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, micky said:

When me and my Sister stayed at our Aunties   at Wells on Sea we had Samphire and Cockle soup ,her Husband was Dutch  and had a Poached Egg in his but that was a bit much for us Midlands  Kids we were always eating Shrimps too  but you never see them now days .

Never heard of Cockle soup before but would defiantly give it a go. The poached egg thing I understand never seems right to  me to have one with smoked haddock or kippers.

Cheers Arry

22 minutes ago, Arry said:

Never heard of Cockle soup before but would defiantly give it a go. The poached egg thing I understand never seems right to  me to have one with smoked haddock or kippers.

Cheers Arry

My Mrs wants to make some Cockerel and Cockle Pies but there are no Cockle Beds that I know in these parts ,  … I thought Clam Chowder was a Cockle soup ? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

Got to say I think I agree, it's a bit over rated. Steam some for two minutes in butter and lemon with bit of black pepper. Couple of Bass or Bream fillets would be spot on. Looks like you had a crack day with the kids getting Lug.

Cheers Arry

I'll try that mate and yeah we did mate

4 hours ago, micky said:

My Mrs wants to make some Cockerel and Cockle Pies but there are no Cockle Beds that I know in these parts ,  … I thought Clam Chowder was a Cockle soup ? 

I've no idea about Chowder Micky. Just like my cockles in a bit of vinegar, salt, black pepper with a well buttered door step of fresh bread.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Out today after the Fungi, went to a spot that has a few Wild Plum trees. They are small a bit bigger than a Slow but taste the same as a Victoria Plum. I picked a Chinese container for the wife, I might have to go back they make lovely jam.

IMG_0676.jpeg.48dccfe92f45a25239f138dd0ab9c366.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg.ec100264d386ff5a92b589d6498baab5.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Arry ,why do you reckon its such a good year for mushrooms ? Do they go in a cycle ,where you get a bumper crop one year ,then not so good the following? Or is it all just weather conditions? Im seeing them everywhere and in numbers !