1 hour ago, David.evans said:

Looking for a new 12 semi fac 

therse that many out there , I'm looking for 30" barrels and a good recycle 

any addvice please lads 

atb Dave 

Budget? Use? Chamber? 

I cant fault my A612 for a work tool (rides in tractor or bike with me). 4 yr warranty, under £400 brand new, tough, not pretty but does the job. 3" chamber SP. 28" barell but I've an extended Mobil choke. 

Lad I shoot with has an affinity and i really like that too mind. 

• Like 1

The thing is with the Maxus , you can feed it with any shell and it recycles faultlessly, it is smooth shooting and parts are easily available if something should go wrong , although this is rare , something which can’t be said for cheaper guns . 

I swapped a hw100 for this Dave, they don’t make them any more but don’t let that put you off tracking a second hand one down, there a wild foul/hide gun!

it shoots really nicely a cycles fine with 28 7’s as a cheap pigeon stopper, been using them on the crows to with 3/4 choke. 

Beretta 391 extreame 2

E8CF0C67-F8C2-4FF4-B2B4-5E153DCD44D0.jpeg.5b14a7ee92735ee9a36db7e8a3f58a4b.jpeg44A063CA-D91F-4ACA-8084-A45C3B83B561.jpeg.117365a337119f25f5fa76154200c9d7.jpeg

• Like 1

Benelli M2 9+1 is worth a look just because it’s a bit over the top, what I’ve found is that when they have a full tube of cartridges it really affects the balance of the gun and becomes a bit like waving a fence post about, maybe that’s just me being a soft lad, if I was after one I think it would be the browning maxus 4+1, no big tube running the length of the barrel ?

Over the years I have owned an ;

Breda, reliable.

Ithaca, too fragile.

Franchi A12, very reliable.

Franchi 620, very reliable.

Browning b80, very reliable.

There was another franchi based on the Bennelli action and that was also very reliable.

If I was to go auto again it would be a scaled down 20g.

21 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Sorry lads 

what’s the thought on a beretta A 400 xplor unico

seen a nice one for sale 

atb 

I was gonna buy one..I had one put buy in the shop  but it didn't feel to good I'm prone to bashing them about and the forend wood seemed a bit delicate!

so I bought that one above and am glad I did.. the kickoff system is mint but some lads I know don't like it

• Like 1