None Hunting Clothing You Use In The Field?

Was thinking about an old mate, now passed, the other day and that he hunted all his life, yet i never seen him wearing hunting or walking gear. He just used general gear... Now TBH i buy a lot of gear with hunting in mind and almost all my coats and jackets get a general use before spending the rest of thier days in the field.

Which lead me to wondering, if you have any none hunting (walking/outdoor) gear that you use in the field. Have you got any none hunting kit you prefer over hunting kit...??

Yes I have , when the weather is dry and warm , I wear a pair of Nike trainers. Light , breathable, and comfortable and surprisingly hard wearing. This is this pairs second summer. Nike are the best trainers I’ve worn in the field . I also swear by Carharrt double front logger jeans in moss colour.... indestructible.

229A7E94-7760-4CAE-A772-36850EA43C1E.jpeg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

always use timberland,mammut,montane, berghaus,Lowe alpine,mountain equipment  base and mid layers with my hunting gear....not worn camo since the ban.....ive tried all sorts of waterproof coats over the year's, about the best imo is the berghaus mera peak goretex,for warmth i use the montane smock......try and look more like a rambler with some respectability about me?use my goretex fishing bib and brace digging in the snow......with just my pants on underneath.....still f***ing roasting mind ,browning,harkilla,ridgeline etc ain't worth a wank ,over priced and leak like f**k,coats and boots,had a pair of the seeland marsh trousers I use for fishing.....found them good value for money ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Used TFG boots for 3 seasons before they leaked 49 quid for comfort and support and warmth cant be bad .Now use Gelert Hiking boots full leather comfortable and dry for 40 quid ,no brand names and no shooting word making  them cost 200 .

My trousers are craghoppers from Trespass 12.99 a pair ,pockets ,comfort and long lasting and no mention of hunting to jack the price up .

TBH if its dark ,or grey itl hide you in the shadows ,after all us fell creatures live in the shadows and feed on the juicy and fresh :ninja:

Im 6'2" and my mother in law knitted me this jersey that made me look anorexic it came down to my knees its great for ferreting ect it never rides up and shows your builders crack and your never cold wearing it 

• Like 1
On 08/07/2019 at 21:11, The one said:

Im 6'2" and my mother in law knitted me this jersey that made me look anorexic it came down to my knees its great for ferreting ect it never rides up and shows your builders crack and your never cold wearing it 

All you need now is a piece of elastic through the arms and sew your mittens on to stop you loosing them ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like to mooch in my Stone Island gear... never know when I'll bump into a Rovers fan ?

I've never gone into nature with the wrong clothes. A pair of trainers may work in certain conditions but you can forget it, if the going gets a bit rougher ;)

Best pants I ever had were Craghopper mountain pants, silent as you need and bloody indestructible, even with brambles. Best coat, always a wax for me. Ski jackets also work but more for hiking than hunting. 

Have to say Bosun, I'm the same when buying clothes. I always think about the after life and how they'll fit in.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I like to mooch in my Stone Island gear... never know when I'll bump into a Rovers fan ?

I've never gone into nature with the wrong clothes. A pair of trainers may work in certain conditions but you can forget it, if the going gets a bit rougher ;)

Best pants I ever had were Craghopper mountain pants, silent as you need and bloody indestructible, even with brambles. Best coat, always a wax for me. Ski jackets also work but more for hiking than hunting. 

Have to say Bosun, I'm the same when buying clothes. I always think about the after life and how they'll fit in.

Same as me Shroom... ?

• 3 weeks later...

I wear a pair of black jogging bottoms from primark for fiver, T shirt and a fruit of the loom jumper and a woolly hat. It’s very rare I ware a coat that’s me lamping gear. Ferreting I got a pair of snickers work trousers with loads of pockets for nets they are nice and thick and good for hedges along with me woolly hat and same jumper. Always buy decent foot wear though