She's finally here!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been on second 500mileish round trip, this time to bring the pup home with me. Cracking little pup. Lovely wi kids and other dogs. Good day, let the fun begin! 1/2Grey 3/8Whip 1/8Beddy

I spent a long time reading and researching different mixes and breeds. Spoke to a few on here over PM about theirs to get some more info.  99% of what I plan on doing will be bunnies either ferr

Cheers fella Was talking to the lad and he said someone who was due to view rang him at last minute and said they had found summat closer. One of the main traits in a lurcher that, locality! Bonk

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Honestly I wish I could put enough work infront of her. Picked a good bitch, always said that working her enough would be my problem.

If I could show her enough she would smash it but young kids, work, a house that needs doing up, all the rest of the things that most have going on means I can't be out 7nights a week. On top of that with floods locally I don't wanna take anything that's left and now corona. She just gets out for a walk really. Waste and a shame. Hopefully things will get better next season which would've always been her first main one anyway.?

39 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Honestly I wish I could put enough work infront of her. Picked a good bitch, always said that working her enough would be my problem.

If I could show her enough she would smash it but young kids, work, a house that needs doing up, all the rest of the things that most have going on means I can't be out 7nights a week. On top of that with floods locally I don't wanna take anything that's left and now corona. She just gets out for a walk really. Waste and a shame. Hopefully things will get better next season which would've always been her first main one anyway.?

Mate don’t buy in to all the waffle a lot of guys that get on here give it the I work my dogs 7days/nights a week talk it’s waffle to sound good to a audience you gotta do what’s right by you an family as that always comes first then the dog you have to keep a fine balance between work,house,family,misses if you don’t your find it just you an the dog eventually not many misses would put up with you out hunting a dog 7nights a week the way some of the people on here talk poo you would think none of them have jobs or houses or misses an raising family’s if they had there way they would have you believe they live in a woods in a made shelter there catching more than enough to fill there food stores the rest is sold to a game dealer as there income loads on here Tell porky pies. I only get out a couple of nights a week in season one shortish trip an one dusk till dawn some times 3 it’s never normally much more than that because I’ve got a young family plus work long hours I mooch about in between when I can 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate don’t buy in to all the waffle a lot of guys that get on here give it the I work my dogs 7days/nights a week talk it’s waffle to sound good to a audience you gotta do what’s right by you an family as that always comes first then the dog you have to keep a fine balance between work,house,family,misses if you don’t your find it just you an the dog eventually not many misses would put up with you out hunting a dog 7nights a week the way some of the people on here talk poo you would think none of them have jobs or houses or misses an raising family’s if they had there way they would have you believe they live in a woods in a made shelter there catching more than enough to fill there food stores the rest is sold to a game dealer as there income loads on here Tell porky pies. I only get out a couple of nights a week in season one shortish trip an one dusk till dawn some times 3 it’s never normally much more than that because I’ve got a young family plus work long hours I mooch about in between when I can 

Thanks fella. That's me. I rely on a friend to get on some perm other than that I'm round here watching my back. Plus don't wana take owt here! Just getting walks in and considering trying her alongside a bike atm.

There's no rush.... Just keep doing what your doing...these are strange times, none of us know what's, what, get out when you can, and take what you can?

I've started recently taking a catapult, everytime I'm out... Took 3 days for the dog to switch on to marking squirrels/birds up in the trees....started to  Stop and sit when I take a shot, and never gave her any command.. Just another string in the  bow?enjoy them for the smile they put on your face .. There will be time for testing them again, when all this shits over pal. Atb

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

There's no rush.... Just keep doing what your doing...these are strange times, none of us know what's, what, get out when you can, and take what you can?

I've started recently taking a catapult, everytime I'm out... Took 3 days for the dog to switch on to marking squirrels/birds up in the trees....started to  Stop and sit when I take a shot, and never gave her any command.. Just another string in the  bow?enjoy them for the smile they put on your face .. There will be time for testing them again, when all this shits over pal. Atb

So true Sean 

same I started taking a katty out more it don’t take long for a young dog to pick up what’s going on I’m a crap shot with a katty tbh But I have a go but it’s a good crack the minute the dog sees you stop an draw to take a shot they freeze to see what your aiming at the minute they hear the bands there looking for shot quarry great skill for a dog to have makes for a more handy dog 

CEE6C8D6-0C9B-48C0-A622-BC2F35FA37D4.jpeg

Edited by poxon
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

So true Sean 

same I started taking a katty out more it don’t take long for a young dog to pick up what’s going on I’m a crap shot with a katty tbh But I have a go but it’s a good crack the minute the dog sees you stop an draw to take a shot they freeze to see what your aiming at the minute they hear the bands there looking for shot quarry great skill for a dog to have makes for a more handy dog 

CEE6C8D6-0C9B-48C0-A622-BC2F35FA37D4.jpeg

I'm getting there slowly lol... Waiting on some bigger ammo, sent me a load of 6 mm... Only good for ripping bean cans, no stopping power ??DSC_0593.JPG.e94dac717dd32ce799550ff98a281077.JPG

Not shot one since I was a kid tidy.... But we are both enjoying it, something I don't think I will be without in future ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm getting there slowly lol... Waiting on some bigger ammo, sent me a load of 6 mm... Only good for ripping bean cans, no stopping power ??DSC_0593.JPG.e94dac717dd32ce799550ff98a281077.JPG

Not shot one since I was a kid tidy.... But we are both enjoying it, something I don't think I will be without in future ?

Need a lot of practice 2 get any good wi 1 I took a wheelbarrow wi me first time out 2 bring all me pidgin s back but only managed 2 startle several hundred i still haven't actually hit anything 

28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I use the 9mm they seem alright to be fair but great fun to have in ya pocket one of my mates is a crack shot with a katty that f****r don’t need dogs with his kill rate he said if you want to get any good practice practice is the key 

• Like 2