Remington Express. 22

Anyone got 1 .any opinions, like me seems simple out the box .Fitted with mod and scope rated at 11.5lbs all day with 2 stage adjustable trigger .

Woodwork is plain ,simple checkering grip and under 150 ingleesh pounds wotz not to like.

5 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Anyone got 1 .any opinions, like me seems simple out the box .Fitted with mod and scope rated at 11.5lbs all day with 2 stage adjustable trigger .

Woodwork is plain ,simple checkering grip and under 150 ingleesh pounds wotz not to like.

Lyn lewington specializes in tuning them too ?

• Like 1

Kleaned all the gunk out the barrel and began.Well quick 10 shots to.find zero in me shed.16ft no issues.

And tickety boo straight off it  zeros in 3 shots ,auto safety flimsy version of Hw but positive feel .

Will give it a good bed in during the week and look forward to introducing it to the squizzers in a weeks time .so far so good?

Here you go Jon ,1x Remington Express xp in all her glory and 1 middle trashed at 5m <16ft if your ingleesh like mee> target .

75 shots through so far to ease things along even the handbook advises 1 to 2 tins and then i,l ave a tinker .Mr Tinbum does a kit for 25 or kit and spring for 45 but i,l see what the chrony says after a couple of tins as this with the wrong pellet can go over at the drop of a hat.

Sorry Mark no pigeon heads but i cant draw for toffee :thumbs:

20190708_163929.jpg

20190708_165131.jpg

• Like 3

Bought one when they first came out maybe 3 years ago had countless amounts of squirrels rats and ferals and an odd rabbit too , they are worth a strip down an clean and a grease Mine had tons of grease on all the actions and piston cylinder it shot good anyway but even better after a clean well worth the money and accurate enough for the job 

• Like 1

Yep ,its a good one ,had about 125 pellets through so far to bed her in <Only another 875 to go > and keep using a cleaning pellet every 25 and boy is ming coming out of the barrel .When i took her out the box the barrel  looked blocked there was that much grease in there ,god damn yankee,s need to calm down on rust prevention :rofl:.Putting cheap pellets through her £6 a thousand from a local shop for local people a while back .

Then she,s getting a favorite of mine and Remington actually recommend them ,H n N FTT,s ,and i,m going to try RWS through only coz im tight and have two tins doing nowt at the minute atb 

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Yep ,its a good one ,had about 125 pellets through so far to bed her in <Only another 875 to go > and keep using a cleaning pellet every 25 and boy is ming coming out of the barrel .When i took her out the box the barrel  looked blocked there was that much grease in there ,god damn yankee,s need to calm down on rust prevention :rofl:.Putting cheap pellets through her £6 a thousand from a local shop for local people a while back .

Then she,s getting a favorite of mine and Remington actually recommend them ,H n N FTT,s ,and i,m going to try RWS through only coz im tight and have two tins doing nowt at the minute atb 

Mine was well over 12ft pounds for the first 20 pellets settled to 11.1 now must have been diesleing from all the oil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Mine was well over 12ft pounds for the first 20 pellets settled to 11.1 now must have been diesleing from all the oil

Yes the  man selling it warned me to bed it in as you say they can go way over from new as theyre designed to be borderline max power so the wrong pellet could cause chrony "issues" 

And your right it is made in china as are most things these  days ,still blame the yanks though just to make Trump throw his toys out the pram :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 300 pellets a few test results ,Poxy Marksman .22  550fps =10.07lbs/ft,--

RWS Superdome 14.5gr =580fps =10.83lb/ft 

RWS Superfield 15.9gr =552fps =10.76lb/ft

H and N ftt 16gr =558fps=11.06lb/ft 

So when the rifle is bedded in after the 2 tins they advise she should be well sweet atb and thanks for watching

• Like 2