She was going to be a big one going by her paws.

She came in to my impression of a squeaking mouse. Only a forty yard shot.

I saw another. An old friend. It lets me light it up once and then it's gone. 

I shot this one about a mile from home and just as I got in bed a fox howled on the back field! A definite two finger salute to me I don't doubt one bit!

IMG_20190705_235020.jpg.63bbb6361d9ba44dad55f27c89711fa1.jpg

Shot with the federal 50grn. I am going off them....they don't expand on these small varmints. Oh they kill them eventually but not as quick as hornady and other lighter loadings.

They work for sure put in the right spot but to be honest a good 22 subbie will work quicker!

Night night zzzzz

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ianm said:

Well done! What weight are the hornadys in wmr?

30 grain bud.

I don't think it's the weight that's the problem. It's just the lack of expansion over the short distance of a small critters anatomy 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, walshie said:

I like your purse! :D Sometimes the shorter range shots are trickier than longer ones. I don't have a problem with v-max expanding, but I am inclined to shoot low on close-in foxes. 

Sorry mate, I meant the 50grn wmr federal resist expanding over the vmax alternative. The 50's are what I term "drillers".

7 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Sorry mate, I meant the 50grn wmr federal resist expanding over the vmax alternative. The 50's are what I term "drillers".

I know what you meant. It was me who wasn't clear. I meant I only use v-max so don't have an issue with drilling, just shooting low.

My previous WMR loved these.......

72520201_AmmoTargets012a.jpg.d405786d904c5bb07ed189a78436f25c.jpg

but my latest prefers the Hornady 30g V-Max, which is quite useful as they perform very well for me, and I use them virtually exclusively now!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
On 06/07/2019 at 08:40, walshie said:

I like your purse! :D Sometimes the shorter range shots are trickier than longer ones. I don't have a problem with v-max expanding, but I am inclined to shoot low on close-in foxes. 

I noticed that as well, I'm sure my Mum had one like that we gave to a Charity Shop! :laugh::thumbs:

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Deker said:

My previous WMR loved these.......

72520201_AmmoTargets012a.jpg.d405786d904c5bb07ed189a78436f25c.jpg

but my latest prefers the Hornady 30g V-Max, which is quite useful as they perform very well for me, and I use them virtually exclusively now!

:thumbs:

Yes my rifle works great with CCI offerings too.