Been a while

So it’s been at least 3 years since I ventured out with my rifle, last night I dusted off the cobwebs check my zero and went out on a new permission. Within 2 minutes of stepping out of the truck I was presented with my first rabbit around 90yards away, got him in my sights squeezed the trigger and sure enough I missed him, absolutely gutted, think I rushed the shot (I put it down to the excitement of the chance of getting my first rabbit in a long time) 

It wasn’t long before we saw another rabbit this time a little further away, got into position and once again got him in my sights this time taking my time making sure I didn’t rush, slight squeeze of the trigger and bam, the lovely sight of the rabbit leaving the ground, I got him, which restored my confidence. 

Ended up with 4 rabbits in total, not a big amount but was chuffed to bits with it being my first outing in a very long time. Was nice to get out in the fresh air with no distractions and getting some bunny’s was a bonus. Looking forward to the next time.

4AF53CA8-860F-4528-BBA7-2EE76860CA3E.jpeg

57C9AAE4-630B-40F3-BAA8-180FAAF907A5.jpeg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Oh you'll soon have the bug again, well done!

What rifle have you out of curiosity?

I have already, just getting out for a couple hours reminded me why I loved it so much in the first place. 

Its a cz 455 .17hmr

• Like 1
2 hours ago, doie1 said:

I have already, just getting out for a couple hours reminded me why I loved it so much in the first place. 

Its a cz 455 .17hmr

Woohoo welcome to the mouse gun club ?

• Haha 2