( celebrity trawler men at sea CH5 )

great bit of TV, all 3 of the them , got stuck in and had go at this very dangerous type work. most of the time on the boat, they had probs with nets getting stuck, or chains breaking , you get the feeling , it either normal practice etc, or it was  poor boat with poor equipment  .?  and what really surprised  me the amount of cod , they had to throw back in the sea, unless in certain area .? But over all very good watching well done CH5  , no way on this earth would  i do dangerous job like that , very brave blokes . 

• Like 4

Will keep a look out for when its next on been up caravan all this week /and wife and daughter have been watching bloody love island what a load of cr.p

1 hour ago, bird said:

great bit of TV, all 3 of the them , got stuck in and had go at this very dangerous type work. most of the time on the boat, they had probs with nets getting stuck, or chains breaking , you get the feeling , it either normal practice etc, or it was  poor boat with poor equipment  .?  and what really surprised  me the amount of cod , they had to throw back in the sea, unless in certain area .? But over all very good watching well done CH5  , no way on this earth would  i do dangerous job like that , very brave blokes . 

It didn't say if the other two gave Thier wages away. Shane gave the young laddie his share . 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, scothunter said:

It didn't say if the other two gave Thier wages away. Shane gave the young laddie his share . 

That's true ,they ought you really,as chi5 would have all 3 good lump some for doing the programme  in the 1st . The cook  Antony Worrall  if my memory  serves me right had money probs,got done for pinching  from couple shops,not sure on  Ben  ,he must have couple of Bob from his rugby  and other TV work he done,they deff should  give wages to the crew anyway  .

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Our team said:

Any cnut can do it for telly. Bet they all fail in real life   tossers... I turned it on. And then off.. And that's how its staying.   As for throwing fish away. Ffs the big pond is already over fished. It's salt fish get a grip tv... ? 

They were doing it for real .... the net was snagged and the crew tried for hours to release it and the celebs without being asked spent the whole time gutting fish so the crew didn’t have to once they released the nets ..... 

8 minutes ago, Our team said:

Ohhh. Haha. I never watched. I'm like that. Stick my little nose in..  ? Why throw away a good catch.?? 

Because of EU rules .........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watching it, very entertaining, and a good watch, the ole shoplifter making himself useful in the kitchen /galley?,  sure I've seen that skipper on something before, seemed a good bloke, didn't suffer fools, but gave credit where it was due! The rugby boy was seems a bit feeble, but I suppose they will all have their strengths! The waste of fish due to  quotas was not good to see,rather see it made into fish meal if not able to sell it as food! 

We always had gear fail, even brand new gear, it takes some punishment out there especialy over rough ground, Even if your only hauling 8 - 12 tons a time. Theres some coplicated hydraulics too, net drums power block and winches. Combined with sea water it doesn't last long. 500+ horse engines running 24/7. Boat caught a submarine out in the minch and was nearly pulled under, shame he couldnt have landed it ?

Good show though, they did they're share, the skipper was fair but made sure they did thier whack.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
On 05/07/2019 at 17:36, DIDO.1 said:

The reason the boat had so many problems is cos one of the celebs was eating bananas on board!!! 

The town I live in is a fishing port, apparently if rabbit is mentioned before a trawler sets sail the crew decide against heading out