Theoben rapid 7

Hi guys been shooting airguns for over 40 years but never evan held or shot with this gun why has it stood the test of time and it still commands a price that u could buy a new pcp airgun for how dus it compare against the likes of the s 410 or hw 100 what is it about these guns that a lot of guys have stuck buy them to the guys that own and shoot these guns or anybody with there opinion cheers 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To many old people trying to relive there youth ?

Best field rifle ever made. No one can deny longevity and the original, decent unfettled ones still command near on a grand asking price. I doubt many rifles these days will do the same 30 years on fr

Im one for the rapid. They might be old and like a 1970’s car, simple technology and easy to work on and upgrade, and that’s the beauty of the 7 perhaps. Simplicity. 

Posted Images

I have a rapid and an hw100, both excellent in their own way. Rapids are agricultural by today’s high end pcp standards, but that means they’re relatively easy to strip and maintain. For that reason, and that they’re so strongly engineered, I could keep my rapid working almost indefinitely. The hw100 is an absolute precision tool. Brilliantly designed, as accurate as anyone could want and does the job every time. The rapid has soul and character that you only know if you’ve owned one, whereas, the hw100 is dead. Does what it does brilliantly, but that’s it in my opinion. I bought my hw100 on a whim, and don’t regret it for a second, but when I shoot my rapid, it always puts a grin on my face. That’s something that seems to be lacking in the hw100 for me. I also have a Brocock contour, which is a handy little thing, but the magazine is so pellet fussy, and it’s only six shot, it doesn’t get used much. 

They are rugged, they are a workhorse, they are accurate, and good shot count on the newer versions.

Not much bad about them except the business model behind the (Ex) company!

Edited by Deker

Rapids and all there variants are still in demand today all these years later with a hive of tuners all making upgraded parts for them and they can still hold there own against todays top end pcp guns hence why they hold there price so well,lets see how many of todays top end pcp guns are still going strong in 20+ years .

Edited by MickC

Had all the rapids through my hands /and sold my 25 cal a few weeks ago great guns and once you get the bug you usually end up with more then one/people like kevg and a few others can do great things with these guns

Best field rifle ever made. No one can deny longevity and the original, decent unfettled ones still command near on a grand asking price. I doubt many rifles these days will do the same 30 years on from when they were made. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Rez said:

Best field rifle ever made. No one can deny longevity and the original, decent unfettled ones still command near on a grand asking price. I doubt many rifles these days will do the same 30 years on from when they were made. 

Still old hat guns 

it’s like having a old 1970’s  car , yes they work and easy to work on but not a patch on cars of today or even 10 years ago , same with the old hat rapid 

yes have one so you can look at it and remember the good old days , even have a box of tissue with you if you like it that much , but really the are heavy piece of old crap . Some of you need to get a life and come into the modern world , instead of watching the black and white minstrel show :laugh:

Can't disagree with any of the above. Mine was a .22 fac which was so accurate but a lump of a gun and as Mitch says, they do not compare to a lot of modern guns which is why I shoot an FX but that is not to say that Rapids are no good, not at all, just old.....

Phil

• Like 1

No doubting the Rapid design is old but it is a very easy gun to work on and its design is such that each and every part can and is being upgraded/modified to keep it up to date with todays latest guns .Silent hammer pips/quickfills/inertia savers/trigger upgrades/improved valving/modified reg cores/shrouds etc where all brought to the Rapid platform by enthusiasts. A lot of these things that Theoben themselves said could not be done .

Edited by MickC
Sp
  • Like 2