Five Nations Championships 2019

As usual there seems to be the usual griping over the results of the 5 Nations finals at Shanes Castle. Apart from the whippets who’s result hasn’t caused a row, the lurchers only a few gripes, but the terriers seem to have caused uproar, not the judging apparently but the fact that the winning dogs qualifying win can’t be confirmed............ does anybody know where this dog qualified?? Answers on a postcard please????

Ok, the silence is deafening, and in my opinion it says it all................ it is a simple question, if the answer is so hard then there must be something to hide............only saying like????

Gunnar, Two and two make four not five!

The 'silence' was purely because I haven''t been using HL because we were being trolled by people we have banned  from the fairs because of their conduct. 

We had made a statement on facebook about the unsporting attacks on our 2019  championship winners. We have had an objections system in place for several years whereby anyone attending the fair can make an objection to any winner by putting down a £50/€50 deposit with the objection. This would be returned if the objection was upheld. Needless to say no one made such an objection this year apparently preferring to make spurious allegations after the fair.  Even worse are those people who were not even at the fair making such allegations including, as usual, a person banned from our fairs.  We do not intend to play games with these  people and debate the results because by doing so we would exacerbate the damage done to the reputation of the judges and help demean the winners success.

In answer to your point the dog in question was properly qualified. In fact the owner of the dog had more than one dog qualified and checked the qualifications with our terrier & lurcher director and myself before the fair. Since he was not available to show his dog he requested if his partner could show it.  As we could authenticate the ownership of the dog we agreed to this request. 

2019 was a transitional year for our major championships and new rules for all of our competitions will be in place for 2020.

Edited by AlbertJ

Nobody is making “unsporting” attacks on your winners, just asking a simple question, which I will repeat....... where did the winning terrier qualify......... I’ll even make it  more simple for you, what SHOW did the  winning terrier qualify at??

Thing is, up to now I’ve heard at least three different versions of where it qualified, my question, and that if many others, must be able to be answered by Albert, if he says the dog was properly qualified.

Thanks in advance.

Wrong again Gunnar. The trolls started firstly with an attack on the judges of the lurchers and terriers, then attacks on the dogs - an allegation that the winning lurcher was lame and the terrier wasn't qualified. The worst troll, who accuses me of cheating in the Five Nations every year is still going on about it.  He is banned from our events for trying to get my security manager and me arrested for 'kidnapping' him and his friends and then posting a totally defamatory account of the incident including about me being abusive and swearing at him and his friends. Several witnesses, including two police ones,  and the security manager's dashcam proved these allegations were as false as his latest ones.  He followed this up with a potentially more serious post. 

Our statement on facebook explains how we are treating these spurious allegations.  We have a complaints procedure in place  at the fair which no one took advantage of.  As far as we are concerned that is the end of the matter.

Edited by AlbertJ
  • Like 1

We consider that anyone whose dog wins a major championship has the right to enjoy that win and not have the win 'picked over' on social media by people many of whom were not even present.   As I have said we have had an objection system in place for several years whereby anyone actually present at the event can make a formal complaint  at the event by putting down £50 or €50. If the complaint is upheld the deposit is returned if not the money goes to charity BUT the idea is the matter is settled there and then and the winner can go on and enjoy  their win.  The other sports accept that this is the sportsmanlike way to resolve disputes - hands up anyone who can produce a social media post where anyone has complained about the results in the other sports?