Hong Kong - British Colonialism

Found this interesting. Amongst all the doom a gloom "GB isn't great" talk we are so apt to, it's nice to be reminded that our flag holds deep meaning still. They're fighting for their rights and freedoms and the Union flag is a symbol of that. 

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Among the hundreds of thousands of protesters who have clogged the streets of Hong Kong in recent weeks, silver-haired, bespectacled “Grandma Wong”, usually seen waving a large British flag, stands out.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-hongkong-extradition-wong/flag-waving-grandma-wong-gives-hong-kong-protesters-lesson-in-endurance-idUKKCN1TY127

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Like anything sometimes you don't realise how good things are until there gone ...although I think the people of Hong Kong did know how good it was and did realise how bad it would be under new less tolerant masters..

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, kanny said:

By all accounts Hong Kong was a shithole when it was under us now it's one of the cleanest safest places going ...swings and roundabouts 

well i dont ever remember h/k being that dodgy  ,apart from the triad area   ,in kowloon  thats long gone  , 

• Like 1

I’d be worried by the ACTIVISTS, as we all know they are usually the leftist thugs hiding behind that name, the empire is dead, only coming to defeat by being apologists and bowing to the crying minorities and being governed by self serving elitist vvankers. We need to hold onto what little we have left

20 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I’d be worried by the ACTIVISTS, as we all know they are usually the leftist thugs hiding behind that name, the empire is dead, only coming to defeat by being apologists and bowing to the crying minorities and being governed by self serving elitist vvankers. We need to hold onto what little we have left

Just another little bit to give back len then your welcome to the rest. ?

5 hours ago, kanny said:

By all accounts Hong Kong was a shithole when it was under us now it's one of the cleanest safest places going ...swings and roundabouts 

Its s shithole now the mainlanders are thier.clean,you must be joking

On 03/07/2019 at 12:25, kanny said:

I was in Hong Kong a week ago ,your right it’s clean and safe but we laid the foundations for that way back,we took what was originally a small fishing village and made it one of the financial powerhouses of the world,I lived there when it was under British rule,it was safe as houses,the Chinese illegal immigrants were always trying to sneak in for a better life because honk Kong Chinese had it good compared to those on the mainland,nowadays it’s incredible,always got a soft spot for honkers,lots of happy memories.

• Like 3