Stray missile hits Cyprus

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

The world seems to be getting more unstable every day, even more insane is a missile has just exploded over a popular holiday destination and no one seems that interested ??

Mental right!?

Cyprus was always a bit of an interesting subject given it's proximity to Syria and also the fact part of it (Akrotiri) is a UK military base where the RAF fly combat missions from.

IIRC Syrian jets did a mock attack on the base a while back, testing UK defences.

Given how unlikely it is for a missile from Syria to hit Cyprus, it makes you wonder how many do go unaccounted for! :icon_eek: I read somewhere that those soviet era S-200 air defences are a bit shite and the Syrians are resorting to just firing off as many as they can in desperation. The Israelis are probably coming in with jets a missiles that are 50+ years more advanced than what Syria has to defend themselves with.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Mental right!?

Cyprus was always a bit of an interesting subject given it's proximity to Syria and also the fact part of it (Akrotiri) is a UK military base where the RAF fly combat missions from.

IIRC Syrian jets did a mock attack on the base a while back, testing UK defences.

Given how unlikely it is for a missile from Syria to hit Cyprus, it makes you wonder how many do go unaccounted for! :icon_eek: I read somewhere that those soviet era S-200 air defences are a bit shite and the Syrians are resorting to just firing off as many as they can in desperation. The Israelis are probably coming in with jets a missiles that are 50+ years more advanced than what Syria has to defend themselves with.

We used to have an apartment in Polis which is in the Greek part, but on the northern coast and was the front line when the Turks attacked. There are still bullet holes on the church from airborne strafing.

I am surprised that the island is not yet united as there was a massive softening of opinion during the 15 or so years that we visited two or three times annually. At first opinion was very polarised, but as time went on more of the younger ones began to express sorrow at how things had turned out.

I love the place.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Mental right!?

What is Israel doing bombing Syria @Born Hunter what other countries are bombing Syria born?

Edited by Francie
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Israel aren't happy about Iran being there. 

Yeah an Iran's a theocracy too isn't it?

Iran has the right to exist tho same as Israel, it's f****d up over there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

Yeah an Iran's a theocracy too isn't it?

Iran has the right to exist tho same as Israel, it's f****d up over there.

I don't know mate but it's easy enough these days to research.

Iran certainly does have a right to exist, but given that Iran seem to be Israel's mortal enemy, lol, the Israelis have not taken well to Iran getting a foothold at their backdoor. They do not f**k about when they think the 'enemy is at the gates' and they are operating with absolutely cutting edge kit. They probably know more about the new F-35's combat capabilities than the yanks who built it.

Well put, I agree it's 'f****d up'. :laugh:

• Like 1