Surprise in a box

Went doing a visit at a waste transfer site. First box and I see a nose and whiskers peeping out. Putting my bag up against one hole I slowly lifted the lid with my air pistol loaded. I sneaked the gun in and gave Roland one behind the ear. I loaded the pistol just incase and another bolted, I gave it a texas heart shot as it went up a pipe futher along the wall...then another bolted out. Luckily I had my moling bar which I was lifting the lid with and it got a crack on the head. 2 down and a runner when a 4th bolted and escaped. 4 large ish rats in one box. Funny thing was they hadn't touched the poison in the box! 

Turns out they were getting to the back of a rubbish pile and rats were running out everywhere. I went home as fast as I could and picked up the garden gun. Had a good 15mins shooting bolting rats. I missed loads so grabbed a chair leg from a rubbish pile and started clubbing them. 

Manged another 20ish with the gun and chair leg. The buggers are going in the boxes and nesting but not eating bait. 

IMG-20190628-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by DIDO.1