Fantasy Football

15 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I am surprised that there are no other forum members interested in this. It is a good craic through the season.

Yeah, I've done one for years, love it. Makes otherwise boring fixtures have bit more interesting. 

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cor blimey i didnt know it was that involved i just wanted something to have a bit of interest in games you watch as a neutral that seems like a lot of fuckery i think i,ll stick with simple betting ?

Max is never out of the land of fantasy when it comes to football ! 

How anyone can watch that womens football is beyond me, it’s dreadful.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im up for that,i have no idea what it is but anything involving betting on sport im game where do i sign and what do we do ?

I wrote a beginner's guide last night, but it disappeared when I pressed the Submit Reply button. I will do another when I get home tonight.

Quick guide to Fantasy Premier League.

Squad is 15 players using a budget of £100 million.

2 goal keepers

5 defenders

5 midfielders

3 forwards

Maximum of three players from any PL team.

You then pick 11 to play each week and the others are substitutes who will automatically come on if one of your first team doesn’t feature any pitch time.

You must field three defenders and if one doesn’t play a substitute defender will take his place.

Otherwise you can pick whatever formation you want 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 are popular formations. Also look at getting two flagship players like Salah, Sterling, Kane or Aguerro and then cheaper options who offer reliable starts combined with high points totals. It is a good tactic to pick 1 or 2 top scoring players for each position and then cheaper options for the remaining places.  It is all about balancing your budget against potential points.

Don’t waste money on subs. £4m - £4.5m max. The trick is to find who amongst the low value players will or may feature. Keep tabs on pre-season fixtures to find this year’s Wan-Bissaka.

For goalies you can pick one expensive one and a cheapie as they don’t get injured often so the sub might never play. Or you can play it safe and pick pairs from the same club such as Ryan £4.5m & Button £4m. A third option is to get two £4.5m GKs such as Ryan and Fabianski and play whichever one has the best fixtures. Goalies get extra points for saves and clean sheets.

Defenders also get extra points for clean sheets, but wing backs also can get loads of extra points for the assists and goals they provide. Players like TAA, Digne and Trippier are on set pieces so might score or assist more often than central defenders. They also get 6 points for a goal scored whereas midfielders get 5 points and forwards only 4 points.

Midfielders such as Kante and Ferhandino might be essential in a PL team. But they won’t score many FPL points so go for the creative ones.

Sometimes cheap forwards outperform expensive ones. Jiminez last year was the classic example.

• Like 1

Set budgets for each position, for example;

GK     £9m            £5m & (£4m) or £4.5m & £4.5m

DEF   £30m          £7m, £7m, £6m, £6m, (£4.5m)

MID  £41m          £12m, £9m, £8m, £7m, (£5m)

FOR   £20m          £8m, £6m, (£5m)

But prepared to be a little bit flexible as you balance the expected PPM (points per match) against cost. Of these budgets allow £4m or £4.5m for your non playing positions, but don’t worry too much about selecting these bench warmers until the pre-season has given you a clue as to who of the cheapies will be the best buys.

Look at the first 5 or 6 fixtures for each player you consider. You can make one transfer per game week without penalty. Any extra transfers cost you 4 points. You will have one chance each before and after the New Year to make wholesale transfers using your Wildcards. Initially pick a squad for the first 5 or 6 game weeks then consider using your Wildcard once you have a better idea of your squad and the game as a whole.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Crikey @Nicepix I see I'm gonna have to up my game this year!!

Nah - I'm crap at this game. I spend hours and hours checking form and crunching the numbers then make the wrong choice. Half way through last season I was in the top 40K. Then 6 weeks later I'd dropped below 400K and I still don't know how the feck it happened ?

Keeps me quiet at home though. Wife barely gets a word out of me all winter.   ?

• Like 1

There are 5 million players worldwide and the pot is nothing but bragging rights and a few token worthless prizes issued by the Premier League. There are some money leagues, but I've never felt the need to join one.

7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

This is different to the dream team in the sun then?

Brother in law ran a small league last year, my lads team come 4th..

I was shit lol

Yeah - this one is free!! To be fair the sun might be free these days. I use to do both & imo this one is better.

5 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

How much is the pot?? Seems a little long winded to me tho if I’m honest so not sure it will take off on here.....no harm in trying though ?

Doesn't have to be, you can make it as in depth as you want. My Nain (RIP) did one for a few years picking players purely on their name or shirt colour!!