On 30/06/2019 at 20:48, slipper said:

Just about to order a catty from gamekeeper John but saw a few bad reviews like waiting 3 months 

Anybody on here sell hand made cattys 

Thanks 

Avoid the fat lad at all costs mate all he,s interested in is selling ply cutouts that cost him 25p to make, my daughter ordered me a ppsg from him as a chrimbo present a few years back, 3 months notice given and promised by John himself it would arrive, once the money was paid no further communications, no catty and no refund and would not reply to any mails, that’s why he is only on Facebook as he can delete all the negative comments and block people that don’t join in the hero worship ?? I could knock you up a natty if you want but check out my next catty I,m about to put up first ??

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2019 at 23:13, slipper said:

Ok Greyman thanks for the input look forward to seeing it 

I did not mean I was going to make you one, I was saying that for £6 these fibre optic sighted catty,s from China will knock spots off a £60 ppmg or most other shop boughts, the pouch,s are a bit small as the target boys are all into the 8mm bearings these days but with some decent bands and a pouch they are the bollox, the bands are quick release and take seconds to change, I would make you a natty if you really want one but at £6 is it worth it ??

491395EC-B826-424E-AF93-42C600B7F31F.jpeg

2D689D55-09DA-4B44-896D-FDB2B51BC6C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Where can I order one them for the kids greyman?

eBay mate there are loads selling them from China only took a week to arrive, you even get a discount if you buy more than one ?? it’s ok to admit it’s for you ??

BAB9935C-7F1E-4CA6-BA31-7DFD42083724.png

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was shooting geese one morning out the tractor an thought I was John Wayne. Went home for dinner an took me lad back to work an a mate also turned up so we went for w walk an a chat an I was showing off an shot me thumb with a bb☹️ Never touched a catty since mate?

only just gave the kids back the ole Diablo or widow or what ever it is, an a game keeper one a mate got em a while back as when they got em they was all shooting each other with Haribo sweets but it quickly escalated to mint imperials an lots a bruises ??

I buy bags of dried chick peas for the little uns, they can go as mad as they like without to much damage, my lads 26 and shot his knuckle twice on the bounce the other day threw the catty at me and said feck that,  I told him no pain no gain, but he still don’t seem to be in a rush to pick it up, ?? show this to your kids mate he,s the result of a lifelong catty hunter ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 16:13, Greyman said:

I did not mean I was going to make you one, I was saying that for £6 these fibre optic sighted catty,s from China will knock spots off a £60 ppmg or most other shop boughts, the pouch,s are a bit small as the target boys are all into the 8mm bearings these days but with some decent bands and a pouch they are the bollox, the bands are quick release and take seconds to change, I would make you a natty if you really want one but at £6 is it worth it ??

491395EC-B826-424E-AF93-42C600B7F31F.jpeg

2D689D55-09DA-4B44-896D-FDB2B51BC6C7.jpeg

Greyman........glad you posted this......I decided to splash out, although mine was from jersey apparently.

Havent fitted all the sight things yet.........need to figure what goes where,,,,,and what does what!

Seems a nice little thing, not shot it yet though.

Edited by Shortstraw

Glad to help out, I just set mine up with the one sight rail not to bothered with the little torch as I’d wear a head torch if I was shooting at night anyways, must admit I was not expecting much for the money but so far have been really impressed and with some nice long tbg bands (butterfly shooter) and a decent pouch it’s as good as any of the £60 forks I have just don’t go mad overtightening things and it should last ???

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Greyman said:

Glad to help out, I just set mine up with the one sight rail not to bothered with the little torch as I’d wear a head torch if I was shooting at night anyways, must admit I was not expecting much for the money but so far have been really impressed and with some nice long tbg bands (butterfly shooter) and a decent pouch it’s as good as any of the £60 forks I have just don’t go mad overtightening things and it should last ???

Took it out yesterday.......I haven’t shot for months due to my muscles. Anyway my 1st shot with 9mm steel.....and the supplied bands....gangsta.....choke grip....not sure if they’re the right names.....bash straight into my hand. Did everything I normally do ( unless I was missing something) and every shot whacked the folks in the same place. I ended up giving up only to realise I have crack/fractured the the bit that holds the bands tight. Could it be the band steel weight set up?

Is choke grip the wrong way to hold it?

I rarely get folk hits when banded up over the top, although through the folks I have more folk hits.

I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

shortstraw.

Edited by Shortstraw

The bands that come with them are not the best and seem to be made of different stuff with each catty, but I have fired 9/10mm steels with no problem, the small fork gap makes it essential to keep the fork dead square and hold it for a few seconds after release, my son tends to push the fork forward which was making him hit his knuckles, I hold mine just like this when I shoot, if it is to small for you the snide scouts from China are also great for less than a tenner and suit a bigger Hand my boy gets on with this fork much better, here is the scout about £7 and my indoor range with target,  good luck and don’t give up ???

59468E6C-6AB3-424D-8407-3F209F7BF511.jpeg

91117C80-9A3A-4FD4-9698-29BA44A58BA0.jpeg

3334412F-FDC1-4EE3-846F-5E8299CD74CD.jpeg

B1677006-39D5-485A-8431-C83035F074ED.jpeg

977142AC-F46E-40E3-BA9A-04DCAC4D4994.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

Cheers Greyman.

Some accurate shooting there! I seem to be holding it same as you in the pic, but I’m obviously doing something wrong. Maybe I was kicking it forward like you mentioned. Definely need to practice some more as I like the small frame. 

Ah the Scout.......this is my usual catapult. Got my first from America, then my second from China at a fraction of the cost. I certainly seem to have more success with this catapult, although I had more hit my hand when I tried through the folks, over the top I rarely hit my self with the scout. I going to practice some more with the scout and then buy another of the small frame one as I really liked the way it fit my hand....although I do have big hands.

I need to practice cutting and making my own bands now ...got all the stuff....just need to practice more.

• Like 1