First post, new pup

Nice looking pup, what's his age, breeding etc. (I would do something about that thing it is sitting on in the first pic all pups are looking for an excuse to injure themselves) good luck with its training & entering?

• Like 1

Cheers mate??

Shes 14 weeks tomorrow mate, both parents were workers.

yeahh mate no worries that pictures wasn’t taking in my back garden, she just seem to a bee line for it when I was there!

any tips or advice would be really much appreciated from yourself or any other members, this is my first running dog so I wanna make sure I do right by the pup!

cheers

Nice pup kiwi stock breaking would be one of my first things and just take your time always try finish on a good note and try and make things fun and just keep it short to begin with have a look at perdys progress on YouTube 

• Like 5

You will get plenty of advice on here, some will be very good & some not so good. You will soon be able to pick out the good from the bull###t. Pick what suits you. Personally I would say make the pup a part off the family, let her meet loads of people & other dogs, enter her to livestock ASAP & get a good recall the rest will follow. The only other thing I would say is don't enter her to hunting until she is mature enough. Most of all have fun she should serve you for many years to come?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cheers blackmag??

I’m pretty lucky I’ve got a friend who’s got a bit of a small holding so she’s been going there 2/3 times to start getting her used to being around stck, cheers mate I’ll deffo have a look at that!

cheers chunky11 appreciate the input mate??

Nice one bignapper cheers fella??

Blackneck

cheers mate??

Shes a full whippet mate, not that it necessarily means anything like but both  dam and sire are working parents were both Kc, both the parents come from sooty Sam and strike whilst the irons hot lines.

again like not that it really means anything.

cheers the reply’s fellas appreciate it!??

• Like 2

Let thing be a pup don't chuck it work at a young age let it develope properly make training fun for it there will be moments where you want to kill the thing but the more effort you put in the more you get back simple really. As said stock break it. Working on retrieve can be done in your front room while your chilling out aswell as on walks. Like I said what you put in is what you get back. Nice looking pup all the best with it ??

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Let thing be a pup don't chuck it work at a young age let it develope properly make training fun for it there will be moments where you want to kill the thing but the more effort you put in the more you get back simple really. As said stock break it. Working on retrieve can be done in your front room while your chilling out aswell as on walks. Like I said what you put in is what you get back. Nice looking pup all the best with it ??

Ty ?

• Like 1

My whippets are from the same lines they make great rabbit dogs with plenty of pray drive and stamina just take it slowly get her to fetch a ball in the garden back to you make fun for her with plenty of praise as already said break her to live stock and wait till she's about 8 months old before you start to show her some rabbits good luck with her mate these are my two mother and daughter the pup is 17 weeks now20181231_161029.jpg.f00de84353d64fa0ece2df07877fb8fd.jpg20190603_090135(0).jpg.021018bdc43eaa1e8c6bafe087e5ce76.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for all the feedback fellas really appreciate it??

Ive got nothing but time to put in to her so really hoping I can get the best of the pup.

I always  had terriers as a kid I used to use for ratting, bushing and take ferreting with me, grew up with second uncles having running dogs, but this is my first so really wanna do the pup justice.

rusky1984 smart looking little dogs them mate??

Cheers lads!

• Like 2