It’s too hot for this sh*t ☀️

So with the temperature around 30 I had the bright idea of a walk around the pheasant shoot, what was I thinking ?, not only was the heat mental but the flies were borderline unbearable, but as I had driven there I thought sod it, I’m here now so set off towards the spud field as this is the only place where you can still see anything, after 20 minutes or so with the caller on rabbit distress I could see movement no more than 35 yards to my left, a minute or so later out popped a cub, so a head shot at that distance was the end of that one, being so close and using the 70 grain .243 this one didn’t lend itself to a picture, I waited around for another 45 minutes or so with nothing else showing and with the flies driving me mental I decided to call it a day, it’s been a bit odd up here this year, this is the second time I’ve been here and only managed to account for one cub on each session in the past if you shoot one cub you are almost certain to account for a couple more or an adult, but I suppose one is better than none as we get ever closer to the birds going in ?

EDD359BA-AE6E-4AD1-A28B-DAA885131950.png

D32F3588-A36F-4E18-97AA-E885265BC06E.jpeg

BB62E969-0447-4203-8B80-25B1A1BD07F7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So with the temperature around 30 I had the bright idea of a walk around the pheasant shoot, what was I thinking ?, not only was the heat mental but the flies were borderline unbearable, but as I had

My first venture into shooting was at about the age of 12 or 13 with a Diana, no scope just open sights, me and my mate who was a few years older than me used to go ratting with it down the beck, no d

It's folks like Gaz I feel sorry for up Scotland. I mean it's bad enough a thistle going up yer skirt, sorry, kilt, but a swarm of midges around your goollies would put me off wearing a skirt for

Posted Images

The flies are mental here too . It’s the bloody cleggs that get me . I’ve found this stuff to be good . It also keeps the lady’s away . I was on the NGO stand at A country show a couple of years ago and a deer stalker came over and gave me about six tubes , I gave a couple away and now I’m down to my last one . Yesterday was too hot for me . I stayed at home and sat in the shade moaning about how  hot it was and how I would never moan about cold weather again . 

CD3DEFBB-4734-409E-9032-A419A9A19F0C.jpeg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Didn't you have your old spice on mate.

Kills flies on contact ?

It was stupid hot. I stayed in the shade.

It cooled down nice in the evening here.

No mate, though I’d push the boat out last night with a splash of Brut for men but they seemed to like it, shame it doesn’t work on the lady’s in the same way 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's folks like Gaz I feel sorry for up Scotland.

I mean it's bad enough a thistle going up yer skirt, sorry, kilt, but a swarm of midges around your goollies would put me off wearing a skirt for life! Sorry, kilt (dumb auto correct)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 30/06/2019 at 09:52, shovel leaner said:

The flies are mental here too . It’s the bloody cleggs that get me . I’ve found this stuff to be good . It also keeps the lady’s away . I was on the NGO stand at A country show a couple of years ago and a deer stalker came over and gave me about six tubes , I gave a couple away and now I’m down to my last one . Yesterday was too hot for me . I stayed at home and sat in the shade moaning about how  hot it was and how I would never moan about cold weather again . 

CD3DEFBB-4734-409E-9032-A419A9A19F0C.jpeg

I've some 50% DEET, still doesn't deter the midges, melts plastic though ?

• Like 1
On 30/06/2019 at 11:31, Sausagedog said:

It's folks like Gaz I feel sorry for up Scotland.

I mean it's bad enough a thistle going up yer skirt, sorry, kilt, but a swarm of midges around your goollies would put me off wearing a skirt for life! Sorry, kilt (dumb auto correct)!

Who's this Gaz bloke?? You been cheating on me? You are dumped pal ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4