Just got my daughter ( 6 ) a fishing rod n set up only cheep off eBay she’s wanted to go fishing for ages , my question is will we need a license? I have permission on a small pond at work full of small perch n roach and probably no one will even see us but do we need one ? 

I was pike fishing one time on a canal next thing i hear is have u got your license looked round there’s the bailiff talking to my pal so i thought shit i didn’t have a license so i grabbed my mates lad he was only 10 at the time sat him on my knee next thing bailiff said u got your license mate said not fishing pal son is he said u paid to fish i  said cause i have it’s like going to pictures when you don’t really want to watch the film but uve still got to pay mate he want happy but couldn’t do a thing atb longers01 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Don't need licenses here in Scotland, why do you need one in England? Where does the money go? I'll sit out on a loch with 12 to 18 rods out when I'm not otter boarding, would you need a license for an otter board or nets or is it just a rod? Do you have to take a test to get a license?

Sounds fishy to me licenses! I just don't get why'd you'd have to have one to catch some fish?