Tree felling

If got a 4x4 cut through both trees 3/4 way chuck some rope over top branch and faster to 4x4 and pull it over ,,, or jut chop the trees the way they are leaning and move out the f***ing way .lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sober would be a good start 

If you have to ask so much advice on how to do this, it does not sound like you should be doing the job. No disrespect tree felling can be a dangerous game with hidden dangers. Get somebody out to hav

Never thought of that … and heres me looking for a Fuckig Beaver !!!!!!!

Posted Images

I'd get a couple of mates on ropes to make sure that they'll go the way you want them to when you cut them.

If you're at all worried that the bottom will come toward you, cut half way through on 3 sides, watching as you go.

.......... It should be easy to figure it out safely from there.

Then, as already said, you may need to winch them free of the other tree.

• Like 1

I would be using a pulley system,try to get a rope as high as possible and pull it awake from where you are going to stand to do the cutting but I would also clear a way for safety in case of a possible accident and have a mate there to work the rope same time as you are cutting,they’re not big trees just awkward cut about half way through one at a time then check the tension on the rope and when you get far enough in put a wedge in each tree so the trees won’t come back and jam the saw,looking at it from the picture they will need to come down at once ,hope this helps

Id tackle them at the bottom, better if you can get a rope to pull them, but as you cut through them, take it slow and you should be able to get an idea of whats going on as to how the cut is reacting. just make sure youve your wits and a clear route out in a hurry, ie: no tripping hazards.

All jokes aside, no one can tell you a safe way to remove it from a couple of photos and if your not confident in doing it leave well alone as a chainsaw is not a good learning tool, you only get to make one mistake and probably won’t learn from it, a long hand saw on a pole and just take it down a bit at a time, I,ve just put this beast up for sale as I have to accept it’s not safe for me to use any more, I still have a small one for doing logs that are already down, but my strength ain’t quite there anymore to wield it around and my reactions are not quite as cat like as they once were, shit to have to admit but I,d rather keep my limbs ??

7EF33D20-0110-467C-BF2F-0DD49ACA8FB3.jpeg

• Like 3

If you have to ask so much advice on how to do this, it does not sound like you should be doing the job. No disrespect tree felling can be a dangerous game with hidden dangers. Get somebody out to have a look at the job for you, don't rely on advice from on here on the strength of a few pictures, it might be the last advice you ever get.     atb Del 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, terryd said:

Del is right chainsaws are nasty things. Spent half me life in the forestry and how i came out unscathed i will never know. So go with dels advice 

I almost came a cropper once with a chainsaw Terry, kick back from nowhere that came to close for comfort, never picked one up since. 

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

All jokes aside, no one can tell you a safe way to remove it from a couple of photos and if your not confident in doing it leave well alone as a chainsaw is not a good learning tool, you only get to make one mistake and probably won’t learn from it, a long hand saw on a pole and just take it down a bit at a time, I,ve just put this beast up for sale as I have to accept it’s not safe for me to use any more, I still have a small one for doing logs that are already down, but my strength ain’t quite there anymore to wield it around and my reactions are not quite as cat like as they once were, shit to have to admit but I,d rather keep my limbs ??

7EF33D20-0110-467C-BF2F-0DD49ACA8FB3.jpeg

how much mate??