The Killers

don't see the attraction with this stormzy character.....first band I  saw live was pulp then blur and the prodigy. went to Glasto from 94/2003,seen all sorts over the yrs....David Gray and r.e.m were 1 of the best,chemical brothers,underworld .gonna take my kids next yr see if it's how I remember it?

get us all a load of stab proof vests with all them woggs that now go there?

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

don't see the attraction with this stormzy character.....first band I  saw live was pulp then blur and the prodigy. went to Glasto from 94/2003,seen all sorts over the yrs....David Gray and r.e.m were 1 of the best,chemical brothers,underworld .gonna take my kids next yr see if it's how I remember it?

get us all a load of stab proof vests with all them woggs that now go there?

Took Fin to see Noel Gallacher yesterday, was stood beside Jarvis Cocker for the first couple of bands...people asking for selfies with him...not my thing to do that...

Watched Pulp 95 or 96, funny bloke and good gig...

Charlatans, Reverand and the Makers and Noel were all good yesterday...

I’ve seen ub40 at dalby forest what was good James but fleetwood mac at Wembley topped both of them just seeing about getting some tickets to go watch the eagles but there not cheap atb longers01 

39 minutes ago, longers01 said:

I’ve seen ub40 at dalby forest what was good James but fleetwood mac at Wembley topped both of them just seeing about getting some tickets to go watch the eagles but there not cheap atb longers01 

always wanted to see fleetwood and floyd?saw ub40 in NEC in the 90's, promises and lies then again 2003 route of kings tour cardiff,ali Campbell was still singing then....rod Stewart,guns and roses,U2,manics, Goldie looking chain lol,hole,garbage,snow patrol,that cnut the space cowboy?loads more....seen the greats then like Carl Cox,tony d vit, Sasha,digweed,hms, hixxy,clarkee in me old hard-core days?f***ing love all sorts of music,next to shagging and hunting?

• Like 1

Ah ye young whipper snappers, Sandymere the early years.

AC/DC 16/10/1977.  Hawkwind 18/10/1978. Judas Priest 30/10/1978. Motorhead 04/12/1979.  Blue Oyster Cult 20/08/1981.

plus many less memorable or less well known such as Status Quo, Dr Feelgood etc etc......

I'm a little deaf these days ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to see Metallica last week at Etihad stadium, cant say I enjoy stadium doo's  went to see Tom morello a couple of weeks ago in the rescue rooms ,just a couple of hundred people he was in the crowd and let anyone who wanted on stage with him ,Great night :thumbs:

20190618_200054.jpg

20190603_225007.jpg

20190603_222942.jpg

• Like 2

Queens of the stone age at fbe Eden project last year was a great gig and venue...guns and Rose's at the new London stadium  was good for nostalgia but with you on stadium gigs...they don't have the same effect

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Queens of the stone age at fbe Eden project last year was a great gig and venue...guns and Rose's at the new London stadium  was good for nostalgia but with you on stadium gigs...they don't have the same effect

You don't get this vibe in the big places lol 

My brother went to Glastonbury every year for nearly 20 years. His Mrs went this year with a friend, on the ticket that was his....

One of these years we'll get there, feel like its time to get to a festival again. Like Sandy i used to do it back in the day but stopped in '88 and just went to single artist gigs.

Here's a couple of good 'un's i went to back in the day...

Screenshot_20190701-204527_Google.jpg.f6e52d7346856a955a710fa2f053e3dc.jpg

Screenshot_20190701-204634_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190701-205010_Google.jpg

On 01/07/2019 at 10:50, NEWKID said:

Took Fin to see Noel Gallacher yesterday, was stood beside Jarvis Cocker for the first couple of bands...people asking for selfies with him...not my thing to do that...

Watched Pulp 95 or 96, funny bloke and good gig...

Charlatans, Reverand and the Makers and Noel were all good yesterday...

Absolutely love Jarvis, excellent performer all round, always regret never seeing Pulp and Stone Roses, best of the "Brit Pop"

bands by far imo, seen quite a few stadium gigs, Bowie and Floyd at Maine Road being the stand out ones. 

Seen plenty of concerts over the years, first was Status Quo at Blackburn King George's Hall about 1972 (£3 lol) at that venue also seen Bowie (Ziggy Stardust tour), Queen (backing group to Mott the Hoople) Jam x 2, Damned, Macc Lads and Van Morrison (same night, different halls) Roxy Music, Hawkiwnd x 3, Slade, Wizzard, and several I can't remember ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1