The King sandwich ?

There used to be a proper cider house in Gloucester , “the county arms “ it only did cider , I went in there as a youngster and said “what beer have you got “? “Beers for queers “ said old lady Cocker (landlady ) “have a black and natch”.It was a real spit  and sawdust sort of place , full of real characters, you don’t get that anymore. It’s all changed into chain pubs doing food or kids lining up shots . 

34 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

There used to be a proper cider house in Gloucester , “the county arms “ it only did cider , I went in there as a youngster and said “what beer have you got “? “Beers for queers “ said old lady Cocker (landlady ) “have a black and natch”.It was a real spit  and sawdust sort of place , full of real characters, you don’t get that anymore. It’s all changed into chain pubs doing food or kids lining up shots . 

Natch....

My old local all the real natch drinkers would only have it at room temp, they'd have bottles of it lined up behind the bar and only a couple in the fridge....

I like a pint of cider....took some proper west country stuff to the first fishing comp....it ruined a few lads lol

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Natch....

My old local all the real natch drinkers would only have it at room temp, they'd have bottles of it lined up behind the bar and only a couple in the fridge....

I like a pint of cider....took some proper west country stuff to the first fishing comp....it ruined a few lads lol

Room temperature and out off a horn cup is the proper way to drink it . I wouldn’t of thought those old guys could remember what a solid shit was !?

• Haha 2