worrying news

This could be dangerous for all working dogs , be they hound lurcher terrier gun dog or herding dog , some of these dimwits pushing there fanny lickers around in prams think taking them out in the rain is cruel , what about terriers that get a nip of a rat, any breed with a knocked up toe or out in all weathers soaked to the skin , dogs getting thorns, dogs living outside these are all things i've been pulled up on in the past !!!!!

who is going to decide ? the rSPCA f**k me they will use this against all dogs used in field sports 

you get a pull on your way home with your muddy little baying dogs as worked with in the law we could be looking at 5 years !!!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/rspca-animal-cruelty-michael-gove-legislation-law-a7975571.html

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone gets too depressed and starts wondering whether they should put in an application to their Local Allotment Association they may also wish to consider the following facts: It’

Wonder how many people will be convicted of over feeding and lack of exercise of their dogs. This has to be one of the worst animal cruelty cases that goes unpunished. 

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, none of my boys keep terriers, I wouldn't wish it on them.  It's a hard habit to break, I've been banned twice, jailed once and I'm still out there doing

I read somewhere a few years ago that once the hunting ban failed to stop hunting in the way they hoped, that they would push from the animal cruelty side so they could get at the hunting community from both ways.

Does anyone think this will deter anybody?

• Like 2

i wouldn't want to be the test case , and to be honest if this does come into force that's the finale nail for me , ive had a great time hunting , but i know from the people i work with even ratting is seen as cruel for both Rat and Dog last year i killed a rat out in my works yard , and the people i work with were disgusted with me, and its not some city or a town i work in  

interpretation of the law by the rspca god help us 

its a f***ing mad world 5 years for letting a dog do what nature intended ,

• Like 8
43 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

i wouldn't want to be the test case , and to be honest if this does come into force that's the finale nail for me , ive had a great time hunting , but i know from the people i work with even ratting is seen as cruel for both Rat and Dog last year i killed a rat out in my works yard , and the people i work with were disgusted with me, and its not some city or a town i work in  

interpretation of the law by the rspca god help us 

its a f***ing mad world 5 years for letting a dog do what nature intended ,

The 5 year thing is probably a scare tactic (I f****n hope so anyway?) I can't imagine them putting away hunting lads for 5 years no doubt the sentences will increase but 5 years I can't imagine it, f**k me people have done stabbings and only got 3 but with the way the world is going today you never know...

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Busher100 said:

The 5 year thing is probably a scare tactic (I f****n hope so anyway?) I can't imagine them putting away hunting lads for 5 years no doubt the sentences will increase but 5 years I can't imagine it, f**k me people have done stabbings and only got 3 but with the way the world is going today you never know...

I agree with you on that one it costs 31k a year to keep someone in prison for a year never mind 5 years for hunting with your dog ??

• Like 1

Jobs fcuked. Said it on here before that I hope my lads don’t follow me into the dog game, I won’t  encourage or discourage but I hope they don’t get the bug as the best years are well and truly over and aren’t coming back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I understand what you fellas mean about it keeping them out of trouble but the way things are going there’s better lifestyles out there and when sentences for working a dog are worse than if you stabbed someone then I’m afraid for my lads it’s something I won’t be willingly bringing them into. 

• Like 2

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, none of my boys keep terriers, I wouldn't wish it on them. 

It's a hard habit to break, I've been banned twice, jailed once and I'm still out there doing my bit. 

How many lads would it take getting 5 years to stop 99%  of you ? 

Do the maths, it's cheaper to give 10 or 20 of you varying jail terms upto 5 years than continuisly pump funds Into rural crimes. How many of you would still be giving it large after loosing your liberty and the right to keep dogs ?

I've had it twice and it leaves a mental scar on you, fair play if you can pick yourself up and get straight back at it but I'll have a safe bet the vast majority wont

• Like 15