worrying news

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone gets too depressed and starts wondering whether they should put in an application to their Local Allotment Association they may also wish to consider the following facts: It’

Wonder how many people will be convicted of over feeding and lack of exercise of their dogs. This has to be one of the worst animal cruelty cases that goes unpunished. 

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, none of my boys keep terriers, I wouldn't wish it on them.  It's a hard habit to break, I've been banned twice, jailed once and I'm still out there doing

If working terriers below ground gets banned which I think it could do one day, it is one of the very few victimless crimes out there and carried out in a proper and responsible manner will at most only dent the pride of the quarry your digging but what do we know.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Apache... said:

If working terriers below ground gets banned which I think it could do one day, it is one of the very few victimless crimes out there and carried out in a proper and responsible manner will at most only dent the pride of the quarry your digging but what do we know

If that was to happen Apache it would be worse than that, it would be the fox and other wildlife who would suffer the most. The fox is a pest simple as. It kills poultry, lambs and can even target calves during birth. And as such needs to be controlled. Hunting with hounds and terriers kill instantly and more likely to catch the old or sick foxes which are usually the problem animals. A natural solution to a natural problem. If this is not an option it will be replaced by other worse methods. Poison and traps are not species specific and kill many different forms of wildlife. Often a long horrible death. Shooting is not 100% kill guaranteed leaving foxes winged and wounded and cannot be carried out near roads or housing. It can easily be abused and overused leaving areas almost devoid of fox, which is not the aim either. Never mind the terrible wrong done to the native hunting people whose native cultures and traditions are the very ones that should be protected and respected first and foremost before any others. They are some of the most down to earth and honest people you could meet who have fought for and founded our respective nation's and who deserve to be treated equally and respectfully without bias or prejudice!!..

• Like 4
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:08, foxdropper said:

Or do we just keep calm and carry on .

Before anyone gets too depressed and starts wondering whether they should put in an application to their Local Allotment Association they may also wish to consider the following facts:

1. It’s the Courts who administer the Law, not the RSPCA.

2. The Law as it stands, recognises and accepts that injuries can and on occasions do occur as a result of legitimate pest control activities, this includes terrierwork (this is actual case law not simply opinion).

3. The increased sentences are intended to cover acts of extreme animal cruelty (as judged by the Courts NOT the RSPCA). And also to complement new legislation shortly to be introduced, “The Animal Welfare (Service Animals) Bill 2019” (also known as “Finns Law”).

4. “Finns Law” is named after police dog “Finn” who received severe and life threatening stab injuries while protecting his handler who was in pursuit of a gunman. It provides increased protection for service animals (eg. police dogs and police horses) and removes the loophole whereby a defendant accused of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal could claim they were protecting themselves and were justified in using physical force against a service animal. For further information see - https://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2019/april/royal-assent-finns-law/

Now I’m not naïve enough to suggest that our opponents wouldn’t try to capitalise on any new animal welfare legislation, we all know them better than that. Nevertheless this is hardly the death knell of terrierwork, nor should it be misconstrued as such.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
On 30/06/2019 at 00:39, Barrie said:

Before anyone gets too depressed and starts wondering whether they should put in an application to their Local Allotment Association they may also wish to consider the following facts:

1. It’s the Courts who administer the Law, not the RSPCA.

2. The Law as it stands, recognises and accepts that injuries can and on occasions do occur as a result of legitimate pest control activities, this includes terrierwork (this is actual case law not simply opinion).

3. The increased sentences are intended to cover acts of extreme animal cruelty (as judged by the Courts NOT the RSPCA). And also to complement new legislation shortly to be introduced, “The Animal Welfare (Service Animals) Bill 2019” (also known as “Finns Law”).

4. “Finns Law” is named after police dog “Finn” who received severe and life threatening stab injuries while protecting his handler who was in pursuit of a gunman. It provides increased protection for service animals (eg. police dogs and police horses) and removes the loophole whereby a defendant accused of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal could claim they were protecting themselves and were justified in using physical force against a service animal. For further information see - https://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2019/april/royal-assent-finns-law/

Now I’m not naïve enough to suggest that our opponents wouldn’t try to capitalise on any new animal welfare legislation, we all know them better than that. Nevertheless this is hardly the death knell of terrierwork, nor should it be misconstrued as such.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Barrie , lets hope they don't target us but i read enough anti stuff to know that they want to , the police on the whole are pretty clueless on the laws concerning hunting and as such many are influenced by these so-called experts, the problem is before you get to court police may bring in the rspca , maybe while they have you sitting on the side of the road after a days hunting , the next thing you know the rspca turn up as expert witnesses  and they are taking your dogs, it happens now , i think this law will give them a greater opportunity, and once they get there hands on your dogs well i don't know many people who have had them back !  i'd love to think my dogs would be safe until proven innocent but i don't trust them i still class this as worrying news ....and i may still try for a allotment as my backyard grows nothing but terriers  :) 

• Like 2
On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:09, Glyn..... said:

i may still try for a allotment as my backyard grows nothing but terriers  :)  

It's those good strong roots that do it mate :good: 

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1
On 30/06/2019 at 07:45, Aussie Whip said:

I reckon its denying you the rights to your traditions.God help anyone who denied the indigenous people here from doing their thing.There has to be some kind of law that stops anyone denying you your cultural pastimes.

Ask the aborigines they'll keep ya right fella ?

Grow a pair is my answer to that you not gonna get 5 year for killing a rat or something with your dog. If you Kill a cat with your dog aslong as your trying to stop the dog your doing everything In Your power to stop it, as a police man once said to my mate it happens every day it’s nature we carnt doo you for it unless. Your seen setting the dog on it on purpose. As for the people that think ratting and stuff is cruel there snowflakes who cares what they think, if the rat was in there kitchen they’d be happy for it to die.  Iv been caught a few times once.l coarsing and digging once and I know lads that have. they have to have strong eveidence and then it’s if they will find it to take it to court. Just don’t get caught doing any animal that’s protected lol. One word of advice make sure your registers with a vet so there a paper trail because they will try get you on that. Even if you treat erm yourself get erm checked over once in a while then they carnt say anything 

• Like 2