Howa Rifles...my new .223?

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Have a look at the Sauer 100 , they do this rifle in a “keeper package “ in 223 . These are great rifles . The barrels are made in the same factory as Blaser , I think Mauser are as well . I’ve looked at this rifle and it’s really nice , the trigger is spot on and it has a great 3 point safety.  But if Money isn’t an issue what about a Blaser ? Here’s another that I’m looking at the Sauer  Pantera , that is a really nice rifle for longer range shooting. As others have posted Tikka take some beating and i have one in 223 and it shoots tight groups and the bolt is smooth and the trigger is good . Don’t know anyone who has  a Howa but the Weatherby Vanguard is made in the same factory and doesn’t shoot well , they only guarantee 1.5 MOA at 100meters . The Howa in the picture looks like something a navy seal shot Osama bin laden with FFS , it might be alright if you are abseiling  from the bottom of a helicopter on a special mission though ??

That last sentence made me blow tea out of my nose Shovel Leaner, you owe me a teabag and a hobnob...the T-shirt im notr bothered about, it was already full of stains. :) :) 

• Haha 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct! it isn't rusty.

Is that your toilet roll you carry with you stav? I only take a pocket full just in case you know. It must be a chore carrying a full roll ?

Plastic stocks ? What about the environment? Who wants plastic stocks washing up on the beach? Disgusting!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, M0SAD said:

That last sentence made me blow tea out of my nose Shovel Leaner, you owe me a teabag and a hobnob...the T-shirt im notr bothered about, it was already full of stains. :) :) 

Tea and hobnobs , that’s not very tactical? I thought you would be tucking into a 24 hr ration pack or some US MRE . ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Have a look at the Sauer 100 , they do this rifle in a “keeper package “ in 223 . These are great rifles . The barrels are made in the same factory as Blaser , I think Mauser are as well . I’ve looked at this rifle and it’s really nice , the trigger is spot on and it has a great 3 point safety.  But if Money isn’t an issue what about a Blaser ? Here’s another that I’m looking at the Sauer  Pantera , that is a really nice rifle for longer range shooting. As others have posted Tikka take some beating and i have one in 223 and it shoots tight groups and the bolt is smooth and the trigger is good . Don’t know anyone who has  a Howa but the Weatherby Vanguard is made in the same factory and doesn’t shoot well , they only guarantee 1.5 MOA at 100meters . The Howa in the picture looks like something a navy seal shot Osama bin laden with FFS , it might be alright if you are abseiling  from the bottom of a helicopter on a special mission though ??

Target tools are getting that way...this is our standard 1000 yard gun.    I'm looking for a Guest gun for my Club now in .223 out to 600 yards, it will be much cheaper (but still capable) than the .308 in the picture below.

004b.jpg.59589dffad77c3351fc3fc6285f884a8.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Deker said:

Target tools are getting that way...this is our standard 1000 yard gun.    I'm looking for a Guest gun for my Club now in .223 out to 600 yards, it will be much cheaper (but still capable) than the .308 in the picture below.

004b.jpg.59589dffad77c3351fc3fc6285f884a8.jpg

Wow , that’s a beast. I’d be interested to hear a bit more about Howa . If they make rifles like they do cars , they should be good . 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Wow , that’s a beast. I’d be interested to hear a bit more about Howa . If they make rifles like they do cars , they should be good . 

Just for clarity, the gun in the picture I posted has nothing to do with Howa!

:thumbs:

59 minutes ago, Deker said:

Just for clarity, the gun in the picture I posted has nothing to do with Howa!

Yes I knew that , I also read  that you were looking at a new 223 for your club . I didn’t want to be totally dismissive of a gun that I haven’t had any personal experience of . It’s Japanese built , so they make good products. I have however had a Weatherby Vanguard in .243 and it wasn’t good , they are made in the same factory, and you couldn’t give me one . The barrel was bedded into a soft plastic stock ? I even got a Timney aftermarket trigger , because the original was lousy . I took the stock off and cut it back so the barrel was floating and it tightened the groups up a bit . But overall I wasn’t impressed. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Plastic stocks ?

What about the environment?

Who wants plastic stocks washing up on the beach?

Disgusting!

But what about the trees man , all those trees cut down so you can have a stock for your rifle !! Boomshanka ✊

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Gav said:

Theres a ghost in your kitchen mate!!

Your bolts on the wrong way round too ????

Have to agree about composit, all mine are plastic now, I used  to love wood stocks and all that work that went with them, I got old though an canny be bothered any more, so much easier and durable the plastic of today.

I’m going to have to take it back to the shop, a few people have mentioned that the bolt is on the wrong side now, the lad in the shop told me that all the best lads have them that way round and that’s why it was 200 quid more and gullible me believed him ?

• Haha 4
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:05, jasper08 said:

My Howa's 243 is bloody good gun just changed the Niko Sterling bit came with

Yes, I get what you mean..i am led to believe the scope that comes with it is the Duplex with the illuminated red dot centre....not my favourite reticule. A change oof glass will be certainly in order ASAP :)

3 hours ago, M0SAD said:

Yes, I get what you mean..i am led to believe the scope that comes with it is the Duplex with the illuminated red dot centre....not my favourite reticule. A change oof glass will be certainly in order ASAP :)

Howa are well known for their Rifle Packages, they can be a reasonable deal if you only have a pretty basic use for the rifle. 

If you have any desire to stretch the limits forget the deals and buy what you need separately.

• Like 2