How to make a crab/lobster pot.

This may not be useful to the guys who live inland but for anyone living on or with access to the coast. Here is a step by step on how to make a carb and lobster pot completely from scratch. I have since put these pots to use and attached a couple of pictures. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPtZXZLpkrA 

64727022_502603133814061_4617737532858171392_n.jpg.884df8c83b4ee1a38fee4a4e8043fa57.jpg

Edited by The Fishlocker
Spelling error
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

As a boy I made these from willow twigs, no nets or plastic, all wood. Well, never cought a lobster but loads of crabs and an eel.

This are the things that I love to show how to make to my kids in holidays!! 

Regards 

Nicolas 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spsurfer said:

As a boy I made these from willow twigs, no nets or plastic, all wood. Well, never cought a lobster but loads of crabs and an eel.

This are the things that I love to show how to make to my kids in holidays!! 

Regards 

Nicolas 

There is a friend of mine that has started making the old school willow inkwell lobster pots. He's been doing quite well with them. They just aren't as hard wearing as these - which is why I prefer these. ;) Its a dying art form unfortunately, this was taught to me by my grandad and hopefully this video will go some way to keeping the skill alive.

Edited by The Fishlocker
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Cheers for sharing that, I shall be knocking a few up to keep on the boat.

also notice your down in Cornwall, I get down a few times a year and some good ground to try them out on.

Yes mate they're a great DIY project for when the weathers poor. Down here in Cornwall we really are blessed with the quality of sealife and coastline.