.223 scope to 600 yards?????????????

Help me out please.

Save me scouring the countryside, I need a scope for a new .223 I'm buying as a Club/Guest rifle.  This is a target only scope.    This will be a perfectly reasonable setup without getting near World class, I can already hear where some will be going on this, but I have delivered 8 V Bulls and 2 Bulls with my T3Lite .223 at 600 yards with a £40 JSR scope on top at the time, and that is plenty good enough, but I need something a bit better that will stand the test of time, this will be a long term investment for my Club.

It MUST cope with 600 yards without daft mounts of shims.

It will mainly be used at 200-300 yards but 600 is essential.

I know a lot will struggle to give me enough elevation, so thats no good obviously.

Now the fun part, budget is £300 to Absolute max of £400.

Suggestions please!

Cheers

PS Scope only ideas please, I have set our Club Armourer the task of delivering a shortlist of suitable rifles.

Thanks again! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2019 at 11:52, Deker said:

Got there at last...new gun for my club and Optisan EVX 6-24x56.103a.jpg.ff5683b94181c757d3246f8cb6093387.jpg088a.jpg.b977dedbce9ab7d642091e9d2e787e24.jpg

could  this gun be of use for every day practical shooting or is it only suitable for target shooting ,or am i assuming rightly that any gun can be efficient in the right hands ,lol

7 hours ago, jigsaw said:

could  this gun be of use for every day practical shooting or is it only suitable for target shooting ,or am i assuming rightly that any gun can be efficient in the right hands ,lol

If I wanted to use this as a field setup I would have bought the Sporter barrel/action and probably a different stock.

This is an Oryx stock with varmint barrel...its heavy, but then again some like heavy!

Whilst I like the Pistol grip I doubt I would have bought this stock for field work, but there is nothing to stop anyone who wants to use it as is, in the field, too heavy for me to cart around though! 

Edited by Deker

thank you Deker,im of limited knowledge on such matters,im hoping to change my 223 after x mass and am just looking at the different avenues open to me,and try educate myself on the subject