Working your dogs abroad

Hi all,

New to this forum so break me in gently...

I was wondering if anyone knew the legalities of taking dogs abroad to work them? The country would be Austria where the quarry looking to be worked would be in season, so all legal and above board earthwork. 

Where do I stand With UK law when I return from the trip? 

Many help would be much appreciated! 

Cheers

if the dogs passported and been outside of the uk working ,then it needs to see a vet for a clean bill of health and any injuries too of been treated before returning to UK.that would then cover you if you had a knock on the door?happy hunting ....don't forget to share with us??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

if the dogs passported and been outside of the uk working ,then it needs to see a vet for a clean bill of health and any injuries too of been treated before returning to UK.that would then cover you if you had a knock on the door?happy hunting ....don't forget to share with us??

Thank you

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Nothing to do with working mate. Any dog travelling to UK on the pet passport program, has to be wormed and vet checked.... regardless of the reasons for travel or what goes on while there ;)

4 hours ago, Dottytheplummer said:

Thank you for replying ?

Is that the rules for any dog being returned to the UK? 

No worries and any dog with a passport.

If I remember correctly they have to be wormed for internal parasites (heart, lung worm etc) and the passport must be filled in and stamped by an approved vet ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

Nothing to do with working mate. Any dog travelling to UK on the pet passport program, has to be wormed and vet checked.... regardless of the reasons for travel or what goes on while there ;)

No worries and any dog with a passport.

If I remember correctly they have to be wormed for internal parasites (heart, lung worm etc) and the passport must be filled in and stamped by an approved vet ;)

?the bit about parasites anyone applying would know,that goes without saying mush....he put to 'work' in his original question ?that's why I empathised the vet sorting out any wounds before his return....best to have the right answers and paperwork to avoid the awkward questions?

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

I've been abroad a bit with the dogs , basically need a wormer. Tape worm is the one they're after.

Spain 5 euro

France 90 euro 

UK 35 euro

Romania 5 euro 

Get a native to point you in the right direction. Enjoy Austria atb Joe 

Thanks for the reply Joe ??

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

never had any hassle taking mine abroad , i have a letter from defra saying i cant be done for any injuries on the dogs from being abroad as long as they are vet checked no problem its less hassle to go by boat than on the tunnel atb top

• Like 1