Jump to content
jigsaw

lYME DISEASE

Recommended Posts

On 27/06/2019 at 16:41, Greyman said:

You are lucky as soon as I see the long grass all swirled round from the deers feeding I no I will have ticks on the dogs when I get in 

Same here pal, just seems to be thick with them, thought the cold would have helped, but alas! Plenty midge an cleggs around too, we went from 9c to 27c overnight now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Same here pal, just seems to be thick with them, thought the cold would have helped, but alas! Plenty midge an cleggs around too, we went from 9c to 27c overnight now?

Definitely deer related, we are crawling in deer around here and alive with ticks, in the 80s I’d have to drive 30/40 miles to bag a deer and the dogs very seldom had a tick on them, only time I’d get ticks was around the odd farm that never dipped the sheep, in 40 years it’s gone from once or twice a year to once or twice a week, ✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My youngest daughter was tested for Lymes a few months back, thankfully she got the all clear...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate them and the Highlands are bad for them. Guess it's all the f***ing deer up here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

touch wood ive never had 1 attach itself to me🤞over the years I've pulled hundreds off my terriers and a good few off the runners.they can f**k you right up,was talking to Martin bowler the fisherman from catching the impossible, he had 1 and was ill for a good 12 months after, I used to get tested for lepto every 6 months when on the telecoms network and carried a rat card lol,I'm always playing in some sort of shit in work or play,must just be lucky😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

touch wood ive never had 1 attach itself to me🤞over the years I've pulled hundreds off my terriers and a good few off the runners.they can f**k you right up,was talking to Martin bowler the fisherman from catching the impossible, he had 1 and was ill for a good 12 months after, I used to get tested for lepto every 6 months when on the telecoms network and carried a rat card lol,I'm always playing in some sort of shit in work or play,must just be lucky😉

Playing in shit is the reason we tend not to catch things mate, the modern sterile kills 99.9 percent of all bacteria’s hyper allergenic generation start sneezing if a pet walks past them ✌️✌️

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving down to Devon in a mo so up and out with the dogs before sun got to hot, not a huge walk two or three miles through woodland rides, beautiful morning no deer spotted but plenty of sign from there night time feeding activity, quick check over upon arriving home and 2 ticks on my Russel one on the lurched and one on me( not attached but in my boot ) possibly find more later but that’s pretty normal for a shortish walk in long grass glad to see the farmers out mowing 👍👍 4 more on the runner after a further look, 👀just got back from Devon found another  2 on my Russel( 1 in her mouth lip ) and one on the runner neither of them have been out anywhere to catch them since Friday so all from the one short walk roll on winter 😉

Edited by Greyman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Driving down to Devon in a mo so up and out with the dogs before sun got to hot, not a huge walk two or three miles through woodland rides, beautiful morning no deer spotted but plenty of sign from there night time feeding activity, quick check over upon arriving home and 2 ticks on my Russel one on the lurched and one on me( not attached but in my boot ) possibly find more later but that’s pretty normal for a shortish walk in long grass glad to see the farmers out mowing 👍👍 4 more on the runner after a further look

Fcuk that id move 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was woken up 3.30am with one crawling up my leg.

dirty little fckr

found another one on the hounds ear and by the size of it that had been there a day or two.

my raspberry bushes must be full of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Our team said:

Woooo. Propper southerner      I would go out in full rubber suit. Head to toe with a gimp mask included. And My dog.. 😂 

 

 

couldnt be any further from the truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel cain said:

what a nasty little f****r.....put you off steak for life😉

Will stop you from eating steak for life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nuts how something so small,could do such naughty things if it was to bite you 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had 2 ticks in me this year, both ankle height. Had one on my lower back, no one around to get it out so had to wait till I was at work and ask a colleague. Was out on the pushbike one summer, came back went to jump in the shower & had 2 ticks in my chest, one each side! Had one of me dick n all. 'kin things. Known 2 lads have tick related illness, 1s all cleared up, symptoms were aching joints, elbows etc, the other was on long series of drugs  got depressed then hung himself, r.i.p Phillipe.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×