lYME DISEASE

19 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

its been over 12 years since i was back at home.i hunted all over north wales for 20 years

and never ever had one tick, why has it got so bad now?

the tick issue is getting worse every year over there never mind over here also.

whats changed?

was chatting with a mate here and he said they never really were a problem here until 20yrs ago.

just to add our winters are over 4 months of temps below -20c atleast.how the fck do they survive that?

you think the cold would kill em off

In the uk I would put the increase in ticks down to the spread of deer, 30 year back I would have a 100 mile round trip to see a deer, today I can see them In the park across the road from my house, the only time I picked up ticks on me dogs back then was if I,d been around un dipped sheep now as I said as soon as I see the long grass swirled round along the hedges from the deers nocturnal munching the dogs will have ticks every time, should get better after harvesting is done ????

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Got a bottle of permethrin being delivered today. f**k the little bitey c**ts, no more BH blood for them!

Please explain what is permethrin and it’s uses and applications if you would, just been for a walk along the foreshore in the vain hope there is somewhere round me not alive with deer and ticks also nice to have a bit of breeze as it’s hard going trying to walk in this heat ✌️

76F7D984-AF4D-42E5-92A4-9A395284B102.jpeg

F48618F4-26CB-460D-9305-993E137303AA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Please explain what is permethrin and it’s uses and applications if you would, just been for a walk along the foreshore in the vain hope there is somewhere round me not alive with deer and ticks also nice to have a bit of breeze as it’s hard going trying to walk in this heat ✌️

Apparently the stuff for ticks. Never used insecticides/bug spray before but it's beyond a joke when ya pulling the little c**ts off of ya cock! Treatment for clothing that kills the b*****ds before they even get near my pecker. :laugh:

Best Tick Repellent for Humans
Though the CDC recommends DEET as an effective tick repellent, Mather and our other six experts prefer permethrin (the same chemical used in delousing shampoos like Nix), which acts as a “tick-killing agent,” according to Dr. Rick Ostfeld, a disease ecologist at the Cary Institute. (That said, DEET can be a godsend for mosquitoes, and if you’re looking for more ways to deal with those summertime pests, check out this guide to mosquito repellents.) And although using a chemical to deal with bugs can sound intimidating, permethrin is one of the most widely used agricultural chemicals, so, as Mather notes, “everyone is exposed to permethrin to some degree.”

http://nymag.com/strategist/article/effective-tick-repellents.html

After a lifetime in Leicestershire I had never saw a tick on a Dog though I have caught Ferrets that have been covered in them but here in North Yorkshire  the Dog has around three a Week the problem seems to stem from Mole Hills  the Dog walks through them the dives on one and goes crazy and if left alone it would stay for hours digging and biting the soil then the Ticks appear on the mouth and Ears,  they are easy to get rid of by Dabbing them with Neat Fairy Liquid  the Lady next door has the same problem with her Terrier which also is a Rooter, I am told that they are spread by Deer and there  are a  lot in the area but there were plenty of Deer in Leicestershire but the Dog never attacked Mole Hills there .

DSCF2132.JPG

I was talking about this thread to a mate a how somebody had one on his cock. Thats feck all he say one of his mates went to Powderham Castle for a concert and was sitting on the grass all the time, ended up with fourteen on his todger and ballocks. Mind it is a deer park for most of the year.

Cheers Arry

• Confused 1
31 minutes ago, Arry said:

I was talking about this thread to a mate a how somebody had one on his cock. Thats feck all he say one of his mates went to Powderham Castle for a concert and was sitting on the grass all the time, ended up with fourteen on his todger and ballocks. Mind it is a deer park for most of the year.

Cheers Arry

That would have been a Bumpy ride ………….Where they an Inch apart ??

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, micky said:

After a lifetime in Leicestershire I had never saw a tick on a Dog though I have caught Ferrets that have been covered in them but here in North Yorkshire  the Dog has around three a Week the problem seems to stem from Mole Hills  the Dog walks through them the dives on one and goes crazy and if left alone it would stay for hours digging and biting the soil then the Ticks appear on the mouth and Ears,  they are easy to get rid of by Dabbing them with Neat Fairy Liquid  the Lady next door has the same problem with her Terrier which also is a Rooter, I am told that they are spread by Deer and there  are a  lot in the area but there were plenty of Deer in Leicestershire but the Dog never attacked Mole Hills there .

DSCF2132.JPG

Ticks look for warm areas mate like behind the ears and in the jowels or in your groin it’s not because your dogs face has been in the earth, or Archie hood would have had to be dragging his dick on the floor and that looks a logistical impossibility, as you brush against  long grass they jump onto a new host making there way to a warm area were they stay until full and then fall off before doing it all again on a new host, I once found 18 behind one ear on a terrier I had, gross  ??

• Like 3

Sheep carry them too, an there's more sheep than people here. We do the animals monthly with broadline but the ticks need to latch on to ingest the drug to kill them, so we still end up with them crawling on us, normally when your trying to sleep in bed, bit annoying but used to taking a few a month out, last one a few days ago behind my knee ?

Edited by Gav
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sheep carry them too, an there's more sheep than people here. We do the animals monthly with broadline but the ticks need to latch on to ingest the drug to kill them, so we still end up with them crawling on us, normally when your trying to sleep in bed, bit annoying but used to taking a few a month out, last one a few days ago behind my knee ?

I,ve only found ticks round hill sheep and others that don’t get dipped ? Or are you saying that you get ticks on the sheep that have been dipped? If so is that a result of new more environmentally friendly dips, ? Back in the day I used to get a sachet of stuff from the farm vet for a fiver mix it in a 45 gallon drum of water and dunk about 20 dogs in it, would never get anything on my dogs, the only  thing that had ticks was the farmers ?? caused by the dips ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,ve only found ticks round hill sheep and others that don’t get dipped ? Or are you saying that you get ticks on the sheep that have been dipped? If so is that a result of new more environmentally friendly dips, ? Back in the day I used to get a sachet of stuff from the farm vet for a fiver mix it in a 45 gallon drum of water and dunk about 20 dogs in it, would never get anything on my dogs, the only  thing that had ticks was the farmers ?? caused by the dips ?

I have no idea what they use on the fank to be honest, they say here the brown nymph ticks are sheep ticks and the red are from deer, whether it's right or not I'm not sure? All the sheep here are mainly kept on common grazing (moorland), they only keep them on croft land during lambing.