lYME DISEASE

its been over 12 years since i was back at home.i hunted all over north wales for 20 years

and never ever had one tick, why has it got so bad now?

the tick issue is getting worse every year over there never mind over here also.

whats changed?

was chatting with a mate here and he said they never really were a problem here until 20yrs ago.

just to add our winters are over 4 months of temps below -20c atleast.how the fck do they survive that?

you think the cold would kill em off

Edited by Ted Newgent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

its been over 12 years since i was back at home.i hunted all over north wales for 20 years

and never ever had one tick, why has it got so bad now?

the tick issue is getting worse every year over there never mind over here also.

whats changed?

was chatting with a mate here and he said they never really were a problem here until 20yrs ago.

just to add our winters are over 4 months of temps below -20c atleast.how the fck do they survive that?

you think the cold would kill em off

Warmer summers  mild winters  and  hedgehogs..... ticks love hedgehogs. And hedgepigs hibernate.. ? 

Edited by Our team
6 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Hedgehog fleas are specific to hedgehogs, they will not live on dogs or cats.

Taught me summat  I thought cats get em off hedgpigs  they can transmit  but the hedge pig flea won't live on them. Cool   Archaeopsylla erinacei hedge pig flea.. 

Edited by Our team

Just watched CTV news,some guy in Manitoba has found a lone star tick on him after going hiking,it doesn’t carry Lyme disease but it can cause an allergic reaction to red meat?

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just watched CTV news,some guy in Manitoba has found a lone star tick on him after going hiking,it doesn’t carry Lyme disease but it can cause an allergic reaction to red meat?

Errrr. Horible creatures  they should be wiped of the face of earth pointless parasite .. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, mackem said:

Turns everyone into a gay vegan liberal lol

• Haha 2

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath in boiling water, he nice and clean but seem less active.

IMG_0466.jpeg.a541eab14b1c5e687e9a87e6503161af.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath in boiling water, he nice and clean but seem less active.

IMG_0466.jpeg.a541eab14b1c5e687e9a87e6503161af.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?tick.jpg.e3b952fd713d77a0887884f36b840fd4.jpg

Edited by ArchieHood
Socks asked for his name to be removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1